Some of us are so effective, and well known, that the term \Rock Stars" is entirely accurate. What kind of skills do Rock Stars have and wannabe Rock Stars need to develop? Although we personally may never be swamped by groupies, we can learn the skills to be more effective, well respected, and well paid.
Obviously it's not just about technology; in fact most of us are very good at the technology part. And although the myth of the Geek with zero social skills is just that, a myth, the fact is that increasing our skills more on the social and business side will make most of us more effective at what we do than learning how to read hex better while standing on our heads, becoming "One with Metasploit", or understanding the latest hot technologies.
Topics, with input from real Rock Stars of Infosec, include:
- - The 5 Levels to Rock Star
- - Positioning - why "they" don't like us or security and what we can do about it.
- - The Science of Influence - ruthless social engineering or effective professional skills?
- - Getting Things Done - Brutal Time Management and The Art of Saying "No" without upsetting too many people.
- - How to let people know you rock. You might be the best in the world, but if no one knows it you're not going to do much good.