Latest ICS Security News & Updates
Featured Industrial Control Systems Security Courses & Certifications
SANS ICS HyperEncabulator
You know all about the Retroencabulator, now say hello to the HyperEncabulator! At SANS ICS Security, when we’re not innovating… we’re encabulating! Check out the whole new level of encabulation in this video. Remember folks, with the HyperEncabulator, side fumbling is still effectively prevented.
Join the SANS Community
- Join the SANS CommunityJoin the SANS CommunityMembership of the SANS.org Community grants you access to cutting edge cyber security news, training, and free tools that can't be found elsewhere.
- SANS ICS Community ForumSANS ICS Community ForumParticipate in the SANS ICS Community Forum where ICS professionals discuss current security events, share tips, ask questions, and connect with others passionate about securing our critical infrastructure. Never again miss any community event, a great job opportunity or the latest free resources authored by SANS ICS practitioner faculty.
SANS Security Awareness
- NERC CIP Cyber Security TrainingNERC CIP Cyber Security TrainingSANS has developed a training program designed for electric utility organizations subject to the NERC CIP Reliability Standards.
- ICS Security Awareness TrainingICS Security Awareness TrainingSANS Security Awareness for Engineers focuses on security behaviors for individuals who interact with, operate, or support Industrial Control Systems.
Meet Our Instructors
Robert M. Lee
SANS.edu Graduate Certificate in ICS
Designed for working InfoSec and IT professionals, the graduate certificate in Industrial Control Systems Security is a highly technical, hands-on 12-credit-hour program focused on teaching the applied technologies used to defend and secure industrial control systems, operations technology, and cyber-physical systems.
About Industrial Control Systems Security
ICS cyber security is focused on protecting industrial systems and operational technology (OT) against accidental or intentional risks. The SANS ICS Security Curricula provides training courses focused on assessing and defending ICS/OT environments. The SANS Institute offers introductory to advanced hands-on cyber security training to OT and IT cybersecurity professionals and control system engineers by equipping them with the skills needed to safeguard critical infrastructure.
Join us in the mission to defend what makes, moves, and powers the world.
Why is the ICS Security Mission Important?
- Critical infrastructure is more interconnected and interdependent than ever throughout the world, allowing operational technology and control systems to be operated efficiently, yet potentially opening them up to adversaries and becoming targets of cyber-attack.
- The convergence of IT and OT systems has led to a growing number of cyber incidents impacting industrial control systems and critical infrastructure.
- Industrial systems run the world, and the need for security professionals to defend them is critical. SANS ICS Security courses prepare cybersecurity professionals and control system engineers to be equipped with the necessary tools, knowledge, and capabilities to protect these systems and critical environments through hands-on learning and instruction from expert practitioners in the field.
- Critical infrastructure needs to be protected for the sake of operations, national security, and most importantly, the safety of human life.