This program allows us to help individual Law Enforcement professionals reinforce their skills in digital forensics and incident response and ensure they learn the latest techniques to combat crime and streamline everyday investigations.
The LEAP Program applies a 50% promotion to the list price of all Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) or Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) courses offered live or online in North America, and the Annual DFIR Summit event. This program is valid for a single-seat purchase, per organization, and may be limited in the number of seats offered per class event.
To learn more, watch this webcast:
SANS Law Enforcement Appreciation Programs
OSINT courses available for LEAP:
- SEC497: Practical Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- SEC587: Advanced Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis
DFIR courses available for LEAP:
- FOR308: Digital Forensics Essentials
- FOR498: Digital Acquisition and Rapid Triage (GBFA)
- FOR500: Windows Forensic Analysis (GCFE)
- FOR508: Advanced Incident Response, Threat Hunting, and Digital Forensics (GCFA)
- FOR509: Enterprise Cloud Forensics and Incident Response (GCFR)
- FOR518: Mac and iOS Forensic Analysis and Incident Response (GIME)
- FOR528: Ransomware for Incident Responders
- FOR572: Advanced Network Forensics: Threat Hunting, Analysis, and Incident Response (GNFA)
- FOR577: LINUX Incident Response and Threat Hunting
- FOR578: Cyber Threat Intelligence (GCTI)
- FOR585: Smartphone Forensic Analysis In-Depth (GASF)
- FOR608: Enterprise-Class Incident Response & Threat Hunting
- FOR610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques (GREM)
- FOR710: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Advanced Code Analysis
Requirements for the LEAP Program:
- You are an active-duty State or Local Law Enforcement Professional or a Professional in support of State/Local Law Enforcement and the unit you support is directly funding your training.
- You are enrolling in:
- SANS Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) course offered live or online in North America
- SANS Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) course offered live or online in North America
- the annual DFIR Summit event
If your organization meets these criteria, please complete the LEAP Appreciation Program Submission Form and our team can generate a promotion code for live or online SANS training courses, or for a seat at the annual DFIR Summit. For more information check the Program's FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is only applicable for future events and cannot be combined with any other SANS promotions or discounts. The program applies only to the course or Summit. It cannot be used for GIAC certifications or bundled SANS offerings. Program is offered in North America Only.
Interested in more than just a single course? we also offer up to a 50% discount on training vouchers for online courses (not only Forensic and OSINT), through our SLTT Government programs.
Find out more here: Government Program | SANS Institute
Law Enforcement Appreciation Programs (LEAP) FAQs
1. What are the two SANS Law Enforcement Appreciation Programs?
1. The LEAP Program provides a 50% promotion to a single-seat purchase for qualified law enforcement personnel in all Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) or Digital Forensic and Incident Response (DFIR) courses in live or online format, or to the annual DFIR Summit.
2. The SLTT government Partnership program provides qualified governmental organizations with significant discounts for online courses within scheduled purchase windows.
2. My organization requires an invoice to approve the cost of my training. How can I obtain one?
After you have registered for a class, you can print an invoice or the SANS Tuition Department can send you an invoice.
3. Are these Programs or any like them available for training outside North America?
Because the definition of state and local law enforcement varies around the world, these Programs do not currently apply to training in the EMEA or APAC regions. However, SANS can connect interested individuals with account managers in their respective regions to discuss what options may be available for similar promotions. Contact information for EMEA and APAC can be found here: https://www.sans.org/about/contact/
4. Who is eligible for the LEAP Program?
An individual can qualify for this program under one of the following two requirements:
- Active-duty State, Local, or Provincial law enforcement professional in North America
- Professionals in support of State, Local, or Provincial law enforcement in North America if the unit you support is directly funding your training
5. Which courses qualify for the LEAP Program?
2. Courses from the Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) curriculum, designated with a "FOR" prefix such as "FOR500". See a complete list here.
3. The annual DFIR Summit event
6. How many promotional seats may each organization request under the LEAP Program?
Only one program seat is granted per organization.
7. Are there any other program restrictions?
The LEAP Program can only be used for future training events.
8. How do I apply to the LEAP Program?
1. Confirm your eligibility based on the criteria laid out above
2. Identify the following information for the class you wish to take:
- Course number or name
- Desired delivery format
- Complete name and title of applicant, including Department email address.
3. Complete the form to submit your request
4. SANS will contact you with a promotional code if all criteria for the Program have been met.
SLTT Government Partnerships
The SLTT Government partnership program draws on SANS Institute’s mission to ensure that InfoSec practitioners in critical organizations have the skills needed to protect networks, critical infrastructure, and sensitive data and enhance the cybersecurity readiness and response of state, provincial, local, tribal, and territorial government entities. This program offers both security awareness and online technical training courses to qualifying organizations at substantial cost savings.
Through the SANS aggregate buy program, you can get the training you need, at an affordable cost, and improve your organization's security posture in the face of increased threats from ransomware, phishing, and other cyber attacks. To learn more about SANS SLTT program click here.
1. Who is eligible for the SLTT Government Partnership Program?
Governments entities at the state, provincial, local, tribal, and territorial levels, including their law enforcement personnel in the US and Canada.
2. Can I send several individuals from my organization through the SLTT Government Partnership Program?
Yes, the SLTT Government Partnership program permit multiple-seat purchases per organization.
3. How many promotional seats may each organization request under the SLTT Government Partnership Program?
The minimum purchase requirement is three (3) seats. There is no maximum.
4. When does the SLTT Government Partnership Program offer discounted pricing?
Discounted pricing is available year round but SANS offers the most significant pricing discounts during two annual windows. These are typically June-July and December-January. However, additional purchase windows may be opened under special circumstances.
5. What SANS Online training products are available through the SLTT Government Partnership Program?
1. All of SANS Online courses of at least 24 CPEs, SANS Security Awareness, and SANS NetWars Continuous are available through this Program. This includes classes delivered using the Live Online and OnDemand formats.
2. GIAC certification bundles are also available through this Program.
6. How long do I have to take classes purchased under the SLTT Government Partnership Program?
Training credits must be redeemed within 12 months following receipt of payment.
7. Do I need to specify courses and attendees at the time of purchase?
No. Credits are redeemed for individuals and events as needed and may be used for anyone on your staff.