We're opening this global virtual Summit to the community. Register now for FREE!Summit Chair: Lance Spitzner | Summit: August 5-6 | Training: August 3-4, August 9-14 | Summit CPE Credits: 12
Managing Human Risk
Join us for the 8th annual SANS Security Awareness Summit! This year’s summit theme is “Managing Human Risk”. Traditionally awareness events have focused on topics such as ‘engagement’, ‘interaction’ and ‘gamification’. While important and will continue to be developed, we should remember that awareness is about driving behavior change and ultimately managing human risk. Our goal with this theme is to help mature the field and better align it with the strategic security priorities of organizations around the world.
The 2021 Security Awareness Summit & Training will feature:
- In-depth Summit Talks - The industry's top practitioners will share their latest security awareness research, solutions, tools, and case studies. Gain insight on the latest proven advances and approaches in communicating to, engaging and securing your workforce. This is a global Summit and will feature speakers and talks around multiple timezones!
- A One-of-a-Kind Virtual Networking Experience - This event is designed by the community for the community. This Live Online event offers exclusive access to connect with your fellow Awareness community, leading experts and analysts, as well as SANS instructors and staff. Attendees tell us time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from a SANS Summit is the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us.
- Closely Aligned SANS Awareness Live Online Courses, Including MGT433: Managing Human Risk Enhance your knowledge base and add to your toolkit with a hands-on, immersive course taught by top SANS instructors and course authors. MGT433 is also available to take in the UK time zone.
Secure the Sauce Scavenger Hunt 2021: Investigate, Detect, and Save the Sauce!
Only at the Security Summit 2021, attendees will have a chance to experience the Secure the Sauce Scavenger Hunt firsthand for FREE, participate in the various challenges, with the chance to win prizes! Registration information will be shared on the first day of the Summit (August 5), so you must be registered for the Security Awareness Summit 2021.
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Officers / Legal / Audit: Learn how to effectively ensure your organization is compliant with all standards and regulations that require any type of security awareness, training, and education.
- Security Awareness / Culture Officers: This event was made specifically for you, need we say more?
- Chief Information Security Officers: Learn what is involved in securing your employees, how to more effectively manage your human risk, and how others are demonstrating impact and gaining support from senior leadership.
- Security Engineers / Architects: For those of you who live in the world of securing bits and bytes, take a moment to learn the other side of security, the human world. When approached correctly, organizations are turning their employees into their greatest security strength. Develop new skill sets, advance your career and learn how to take your security program to the next level.
- Education / Training: Learn how to take your expertise in the world of training and education and apply that to the world of information security.
Network with Your Peers and Make Invaluable Connections
In addition to two days of in-depth cyber threat intelligence discussions, you'll have the opportunity to network with fellow attendees via virtual chat and challenges. Attendees tell us time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from SANS Summits is the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us.
CPEs & Certificate of Completion
- You will get 12 CPEs for attending the Security Awareness Summit. (6 for each day you attend)
- Currently, we are not able to issue CPEs to those that view the Summit recordings.
- A Certificate of Completion will be available in your account after the conclusion of the Security Awareness Summit & Training 2021 [August 14]
- SANS will automatically submit your CPEs to GIAC within 7-10 days after the event’s end date of August 14 - No action is required on your part.
Boost Your Summit with a Course
In addition to the Security Awareness Summit, world-class SANS Live Online courses are being offered to help you expand your information security expertise. SANS instructors are experienced industry practitioners considered to be among the best cybersecurity instructors in the world. They will provide you and your community with the expert guidance and skills you need to stop cyber-attacks against your organizations. No travel required.
*MGT433 is now available to take in the UK time zone → VIEW COURSE