This virtual tournament will host thousands of players from all across Central & Eastern Europe* in September 2023.
In round 1, the Qualifying round (Open to all), competitors will take part in a Boot-up CTF (Capture the Flag) competition:
Dates: September 14 – 15, 2023
Start Time: 9:00 am CEST (Open for 48 hours)
Those who finish in the top 250 of the Boot-up CTF round will then be invited back to take part in the advanced Core Netwars final round. This will be by invitation only:
Dates: September 28 - 29, 2023
Start time: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (CEST) 3-hour playing window per day.
The challenges in this free CTF are perfect for practitioners at the foundation and intermediate skill level and use real-world scenarios, testing their skills across a wide spectrum of cybersecurity disciplines in a fun and competitive environment.
“I really enjoyed the challenges and the “real-life” aspect of the CTF. I am very much looking forward to the next SANS CTF tournament!” – CTF player from UBS Switzerland
*23 Qualifying countries are listed below under the "Who Can Play?' section.
Qualifying round (BootUp CTF) – 14-15 September
Individuals - The first 5 ranking individuals in each country will get a Tournament coin.
Teams - Each team member (max. 5 per team) in the top team in each country will get a Tournament coin.
Final round (Core NetWars) – 28-29 September
Individuals - The top 5 ranking individuals will get a NetWars coin.
1st place – SANS course + GIAC + NetWars Continuous
2nd place – SANS course + GIAC
3rd place – NetWars Continuous access + 20% discount on any SANS & GIAC course
4th & 5th place – SANS swag + 20% discount on any SANS & GIAC course
Teams - The top 3 ranking teams (max. 5 per team) will get NetWars coins.
1st place – NetWars Continuous access + 20% discount on any SANS & GIAC course
2nd place – SANS swag & 20% discount on any SANS & GIAC course
3rd place – SANS swag
Who Can Play?
Anyone with a good foundation of cybersecurity knowledge will be able to take part. If you’re just getting started in cyber or if you’re a more seasoned pro, there is something for you to enjoy.
Players from the following countries are eligible to play:
|Players from the following countries are eligible to play:|
|Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Bulgaria|
How to Register
- New to SANS? Create an account hereNew to SANS? Create an account hereTo sign-up for this CTF, follow these steps: - Create your Account & check your email - Log into your account & verify details - Visit Account Dashboard & register
- Already have an account? Login to register!Already have an account? Login to register!If you’ve already got an account, please login and look for a notice in your dashboard about the CTF. You can register for the CTF there.
Are you a CISO or Security Team Lead?
Take this opportunity to use the “SANS CEE Cyber Tournament 2023” as your own internal Cybersecurity Festival. Get your team together and benefit from:
- Enhanced Team Development – The tournament can serve as a platform for skill development within your team. Encourage your team to participate, collaborate and sharpen their cybersecurity skills.
- Benchmarking and Performance Assessment – Benchmark your team’s performance against participants from your country and wider region. This tournament gives you the opportunity for self-assessment and identifying areas for improvement.
- Promoting a Sense of Pride Within the Security Team – Promote participation in this cybersecurity tournament and encourage engagement. We will provide the challenges; you provide your teams with the time and space to take part in this memorable event.
Get in touch with our Sales team for more information
Looking for a Tournament of your own?
Are you looking to play a CTF or Cyber Range within your own organisation? Select a private cyber range experience for your team to assess or advance their skills to meet the unique needs of your organisation. SANS will help you to:
- Define Learning Objectives
- Develop Scorecards
- Configure Content & Platform
The “SANS CEE Cyber Tournament 2023” is proudly joining forces with the highest and most relevant Cybersecurity Organizations within the participating countries to offer the greatest visibility and reach possible to make this Tournament one of the most representative and engaging events in the region.
Rules of Engagement
- Participants must be from the eligible country list (above).
- Every individual who wishes to take part must register.
- Please share this page with your colleagues or friends if they would like to join.
- Signing up for this tournament can only be done by creating a SANS Account. Prior to the event starting all registered participants will be invited to accept access via an email.
- Have fun!