FOR508 has been updated with cutting edge Enterprise Incident Response capabilities. Starting in the Virginia Beach course attendees will receive a 3 month F-Response Enterprise license as part of the course materials. In addition, registering that license with F-Response immediately after the course will allow students to continue to use that license for an additional 3 months added on to the dongle.
Starting this August in upcoming FOR508 courses, each student will receive:
- Virtual Machine used with many of the class hands-on exercise
- This course uses the SIFT Workstation 3 to teach incident responders and forensic analysts how to respond to and investigate sophisticated attacks.
- SIFT contains hundreds of free and open source tools, easily matching any modern forensic and incident response commercial tool suite.
- Ubuntu LTS Base
- 64 bit base system
- Better memory utilization
- Auto-DFIR package update and customizations
- Latest forensic tools and techniques
- VMware Appliance ready to tackle forensics
- Cross compatibility between Linux and Windows
- Expanded Filesystem Support (NTFS, HFS, EXFAT, and more)
- F-Response software provides read-only access to the full physical disk(s) of virtually any networked computer, plus the physical memory (RAM) of Microsoft Windows systems.
- Deployable agent to remote systems
- SIFT Workstation 3 Compatible
- Vendor Neutral Works with just about any tool
- Number of Simultaneous Examiners = Unlimited
- Number of Simultaneous Agents Deployed = Unlimited
- Gives any IR or forensic tool the capability to be used across the enterprise
- Perfect for intrusion investigations and data breach incident response situations
- License Period = 3 months
- Note: If you register your F-Response Enterprise dongle you receive in class with F-Response, an extended license for an additional 3 months will be provided. A total of 6 months of licensed use
64 GB Course USB
- USB loaded with APT case images, memory captures, SIFT workstation 3, tools, and documentation
SANS DFIR APT Case Exercise Workbook
- Exercise book is over 250 pages long with detailed step by step instructions and examples to help you become a master incident responder
"File System Forensic Analysis"
- Best-selling book on deep file system analysis authored by Brian Carrier