When your security solution needs deep packet inspection (DPI) as a key enabling feature, highly reliable and accurate real-time identification of network traffic and applications is an important requirement.
Whether it is for application control, malware filtering or advanced threat protection, DPI is a crucial technology to implement security solutions.
Security vendors looking at the business case can decide to build DPI software in-house, use open source solutions or to license software from a DPI specialist. Within this webinar, we will do a deep dive explaining the different sourcing options and the respective evaluation criteria which should be considered.
The real-life vendor scenario of an advanced threat protection vendor will be used to illustrate the different aspects of a realistic use case.
By the end of this session, attendees will have learned:
- How DPI has become a crucial technology for security vendors
- How the scope of needed know-how has changed for network security vendors
- What the benefits of deep packet inspection for network security use cases are
- What the sourcing options for DPI solutions are
- How to evaluate and answer the important aspects of the 'Build or buy DPI? ' decision