Join us In-Person in Austin, TX, or Attend Live Online for FREE! Register today.
Summit: August 3-4 | Training: August 5-10 | Austin, TX & Live Online | Summit CPE Credits: 12
Summit Co-Chairs: Heather Mahalik & Phil Hagen
“Every talk has a little nugget that you can add to your forensic toolbox no matter what your forensic wheelhouse may be. This is a must-attend event.” - A. Sparling
Every year, forensic and incident response professionals from around the world attend the SANS DFIR Summit to learn how to overcome their latest obstacles, learn about the latest open-source forensic tools, share methods and strategies proven effective in their investigations, and learn from the top DFIR practitioners in the industry.
The knowledge shared over just two days is enough to last the entire year. Whether this is your first or sixteenth DFIR Summit, you’ll be joining a community that is driven by the search for truth in digital forensics and eradicating adversaries from their target environment through incident response engagements.
Ask any of the returning attendees - a key benefit is that you’ll have the opportunity to network with other like-minded DFIR professionals. If you work in digital forensics or incident response, the SANS DFIR Summit is the must-attend event of the year.
Choose Your Experience: In-Person, All Access | Live Online, Free
Join us in Austin, TX for the Full Summit Experience. The $325 In-Person Summit Registration Fee Includes:
- Two Full Days of Highly Technical Content - The industry's top practitioners will share their latest digital forensics and incident response research, solutions, tools, and case studies. In-Person attendees get access to all Keynotes, Summit talks, breakout sessions and workshops.
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities with the top-minds in DFIR - You'll have the chance to engage with leading experts, SANS instructors, and your peers in the community. Attendees tell us time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from SANS Summits is the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us.
Access to Exhibit Hall and Solutions Tracks - Meet with digital forensics and incident response solution and tool providers throughout the Summit and learn how to leverage their products within your organization.
Evening Social Events - The days will be filled with the latest and greatest in digital forensics and incident response, but the fun goes up another level at night for those joining us in Austin, TX. Join us for food, drinks, and fun on our Summit Night Out.
First-Access to Recordings and Presentations - You'll receive exclusive access to approved recordings and presentations post-Summit.
SANS DFIR Merchandise and Posters
2 Full Breakfasts & Lunches, and Breaks with Snacks and Drinks
Live Online attendees will have access to:
- Select Talks and Content - The industry's top practitioners will share their latest digital forensics and incident response research, solutions, tools, and case studies.
- SANS DFIR Summit Solutions Track | Register for Free
- Interactive Chat on Slack – Connect with your DFIR community
- First-Access to Recordings and Presentations - You'll receive exclusive access to approved recordings and presentations post-Summit.
What Attendees Say
"The DFIR Summit never disappoints and is still the #1 DFIR event. As a leader, it allows me to keep a pulse on cutting-edge research and to meet folks." - Brad Garnett
“I think this is the very best event in the DFIR Community, bar none. The combination of the best networking opportunities and the world's best instructors and content can't be beat.“ - John McCash
Bundle Your Summit Experience with a SANS DFIR Course
Enhance your knowledge base and add to your toolkit with a hands-on, immersive course taught by top SANS instructors and course authors. This year we're featuring 13 SANS DFIR courses, and we’re excited to welcome FOUR new DFIR courses to the event lineup including:
- FOR710: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Advanced Code Analysis
- FOR509: Enterprise Cloud Forensics and Incident Response
- FOR608: Enterprise-Class Incident Response & Threat Hunting
- FOR528: Ransomware for Incident Responders
DFIR NetWars and Coin Slayer - Students enrolled in in-person courses at DFIR Summit & Training 2023 can join us for everyone’s favorite action-packed challenge environment where participants can build their skills while having fun.
Sponsorship opportunities are currently available for SANS DFIR Summit & Training 2023. If your organization would be interested in sponsoring, please reach out to email@example.com for more information.