- Members of underrepresented groups are welcome to apply.
- Women; non-binary; transgender; Black; Hispanic; Latino; Indigenous; people of color.
- Unemployed, or underemployed and interested in a career change.
- Priority may be given to applicants who are unemployed, underemployed, or career changers.
- SANS reserves the right to decline an application based on a work role.
- You are ineligible if you possess or have previously possessed a GIAC Certification.
- Cannot be actively pursuing or have achieved a graduate degree or Ph.D. in Information Security.
- Must be interested in a hands-on, technical career in cloud security.
Must be a US citizen or a permanent legal resident (Green card holder) with work authorization and currently living in the U.S.
- Candidate completes a web application form.
- Qualified candidates will be sent a link to take an Assessment.
- Candidates must complete the assessment test within five days unless otherwise specified.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to complete an interview questionnaire.
- Candidates that are not qualified will also receive a notification of their status.
- Applicants must supply a testimonial of their Academy experience and career path upon the program's successful completion.
Numbers at a Glance
SCDA curriculum spans SEC388, SEC488, and SEC510, from foundational concepts to advanced expertise. Together, students progress, mastering subjects via GIAC exams (excluding SEC388). Collaborative learning fosters growth, preparing them for future challenges.
SEC388: Intro to Cloud Computing & Security
Learn the basics of Cloud Computing & Security with SEC388. Gain an understanding of cloud security architecture, security controls, and best practices for securing cloud environments. With high SANS CTE scores, some students may test out of SEC388, while others are advised to complete it for a comprehensive foundation. Regardless, all students will begin SEC488 together, as the SEC388 group completes their course prior to SEC488 commencement.