How The Program Works
Interested candidates will follow the application process below, candidates must earn an invitation to progress to each stage of the process.
- Complete a web application form.
- The application will be reviewed, and an online assessment sent within three days.
- Complete the online assessment before application close.
- Assessment results are reviewed once a week.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application.
- Complete an interview questionnaire.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or denial, the notification timeframe is dependent on the volume of applications.
- The application process is a competitive process. You must be invited to each of the stages listed above.
- All applicants will lose access to the online assessment upon application close.
2023 Academy Schedule
Step by Step Information on the Application Process
Learn more about the application process and how the academy helps launch your new cybersecurity career in less than a year.
For questions about the SANS Cyber Academy, applications, or process please contact email@example.com.
Time Commitment for Students
The Veterans Cyber Academy is a fast-track, intensive program, and students are expected to complete all coursework and certifications in up to nine months. On average, it takes most SANS Cyber Academy students 100 hours to prepare for one GIAC certification attempt.