Flex and Learn Skills in a One-of-a-kind Cyber Range
Unique and broad-ranging, Core NetWars Tournament is the gold standard for all-in-one cyber range training and assessment for teams and individuals.
What's New in Core NetWars Tournament 7
From some of the most devious yet whimsical minds in the field, Core NetWars Tournament 7 is a trip through a whimsical and off-kilter technical landscape with computers walking the streets focused on a mission you’ll have to unravel, including:
- All new challenges and hints built from the ground up
- An immersive game experience through a custom virtual machine
- Challenges ranging from forensics to defense to penetration testing with a special focus on mobile and Internet of Things security issues
- Play solo or on a team of up to 5 players
- Receive a scorecard when you're finished, identifying the types of skills you've successfully demonstrated
- Designed for all skill levels, from novice to advanced
- Apply what you've learned in class in a safe and interactive environment
- Earn recognition on our real-time scoreboard
- Level up your knowledge using a fully loaded automated hint system
- Sharpen your skills with game-based training that is fun and engaging
- Bash and PowerShell skills
- Windows and Linux memory forensics
- Web application challenges
- A "smart home" mobile application
- Insecure connected cameras
- Layer 2/DHCP attacks
- BloodHound for Active Directory analysis
- Kerberoasting as an Active Directory attack
- Injection attacks
Scenarios & Levels
NetWars is based on five distinct levels, each of which is designed for people who have achieved a given skill set, ranging from participants new to the industry all the way up to grand wizards of our trade. To represent these levels, we've established five levels and titles and given each range of skills a name. As your demonstrated capabilities increase, you can see the icon representing your level grow in power and weaponry. Check out these levels:
- Level 1: This level is for people new to the information security industry, folks who are rapidly building their skills from the ground up.
- Level 2: These folks have achieved some really solid capabilities, and represent the largest player community in NetWars, as they work to build their skills even further to differentiate themselves from the pack.
- Level 3: People at this level have achieved something quite significant: they've exceeded the capability of the average info sec person, and proudly continue to grow to the next level.
- Level 4: Some people say that there's a phrase for NetWars participants who achieve this level: "Hire 'em." That's due to their really awesome skills in solving even the trickiest infosec challenges.
- Level 5: When you reach this level, we figure that you're so good, there's nothing we can throw at you to challenge you... except other people like you. Just as steel sharpens steel, in Level 5, master infosec gurus battle against each other in a castle-vs-castle face-off.
Who Should Attend
- Cyber security professionals looking to build hands-on skill at all levels, from intro to advanced
- Cyber defenders looking to apply their skills and also build offensive capabilities
- Penetration testers and red teamers who want to build defensive and analytic skills
- DFIR personnel who want to understand attacks and defenses
- 64-bit Intel i5/i7 2.0+ GHz processor
- Enabled "Intel-VT"
- 8 GB RAM
- Hard Drive Free Space
- 40 GB Free space
- Operating System
- Latest version of Windows 10, macOS 10.15.x or later, or Linux that also can install and run VMware virtualization products described below.
Core NetWars Tournament Schedule
Core NetWars Continuous
Advance your cybersecurity skills on your own schedule and at your own pace. Core NetWars Continuous propels your cyber skillset and career with four months of immersive online training available 24/7.