In 2022 SANS Summits hosted 13 events, featuring 246 talks from top cybersecurity practitioners all over the world. And as many of you know, SANS is ALL about capturing feedback. Evals! Evals! Evals! At each Summit, attendees rate the quality of the speakers' content and presentation skills.
Here were the top 10 rated Summit talks in 2022:
Inside the Persistent Mind of a Chinese Nation-State Actor
Lina Lau, Principal Incident Responder at Secureworks
Panel | Self-Management Strategies for Avoiding Burnout, Staying Healthy, and Getting Stuff Done
Steph I., Cloud Security Operations Analyst II, Duo Security
Sadie Gauthier, SROC Engineer, SANS Institute
Cat Contillo, Threat Operations Analyst II, Huntress
Kassandra Pierre, AVP – Global Functions Technology Talent Development, Citi Lisa Ventura, Founder, Cyber Security Unity
The Godfather of Forensics: How to Leverage Your "Year One" to Get an Offer You Cannot Refuse
Rob Lee, Chief Curriculum Director and Faculty Lead at SANS Institute
Speeding Up AWS IAM Least Privileges with Cloudsplaining, Elastic Stack, & AWS Access Analyzer
Rodrigo Montoro, Senior Threat Detection Engineer at Tempest Security
I Know You: Contact Exploitation in SOCMINT Investigations
Christine Talley, Crime & Intelligence Analyst
What UX/UI Taught Me about Improving Security Awareness
Jeremy Treadwell, CXO, Treadwell Agency
Nick Klein, Certified Instructor, SANS Institute
Small But Mighty: Building the Next Generation of Cybersecurity Professionals With Limited Resources
Naomi Buckwalter, CISSP CISM, Director of Product Security for Contrast Security
Enabling Defenders to Conduct Incident Response Investigations with Open-Source Tools
Logan Flook, Incident Responder, GreyCastle Security
If your 2023 plans include doubling down on your training goals, learning new cybersecurity skills, leveling up in your career, and earning CPEs, without spending money or leaving your bubble, have we got some GOOD NEWS for you:
SANS Virtual Summits will continue to be FREE to the global community in 2023!
Be sure to check out the latest Summit listing and get registered, or to opt in to be notified as registration opens for your favorite Summits in 2023. And please feel free to share our Summit listings with colleagues, or those you know who are just breaking into cyber.
Planning to join us in 2023? | Choose Your Experience
Many of our Summits in 2023 will be offered both In-Person and Live Online, two very different experiences. Find the format that works best for you:
Join us In-Person for the full summit experience
- Technical talks, demos, and panel discussions – Presenters will share proven techniques, tools, and capabilities to help you expand your skillset and better inform your organization’s defenses.
- Exclusive networking opportunities - Network with leading experts and your peers, tackling the same hard-to-solve problems.
- Hands-on workshops and CTF’s (Available at Select Summits) – Led by SANS instructors and course authors, these extended sessions will give you the chance to get practical experience within a specific focus area.
- Evening social events – Enjoy food and drinks in an exclusive environment you can’t find anywhere else.
- Solutions track and Sponsor Area (NA Only, Available at Select Summits) – Meet with cybersecurity solution and tool providers throughout the Summit and learn how to leverage their products within your environment.
- Attend in-person and earn CPE credits - Not only does your participation help you meet the criteria to renew your certifications, but you'll also be taking advantage of free learning opportunities that help you stay ahead of the curve and contribute to a safer community.
- Full access to approved Summit recordings and presentations
Attend a Summit Live Online for Free to Access:
- Highly technical talks, demos, and panel discussions – Presenters will share proven techniques, tools, and capabilities to help you expand your skillset and better inform your organization’s defenses.
- Interactive live chat – Connect with fellow professionals in your field from around the world.
- Attend live and earn CPE credits - Not only does your participation help you meet the criteria to renew your certifications, but you'll also be taking advantage of free learning opportunities that help you stay ahead of the curve and contribute to a safer community.
- Access to approved Summit recording and presentations
Interested in speaking at a Summit in 2023? Learn more here.
We are looking forward to seeing you in 2023!