I’m super excited to announce the agenda for the SANS 2022 Security Awareness Summit is live and the event is epic! Held August 3-4 in Austin, Texas, this is the premier event for security awareness and culture professionals to network, share, and learn. This year’s theme is managing human risk. We will focus on how to grow and mature your program (and career) beyond just Computer-Based Training (CBT) and become a trusted partner of your security team and leadership. We have so many firsts going on at the Summit that I don’t know where to start...
- Hybrid: For the first time you can attend the Summit in-person or virtually. If you attend in-person you can take advantage of all the onsite activities, which will include networking events, hands-on workshops, and the evening social. If you prefer to attend virtually, you will be able to access all the speakers and network with all the attendees via our dedicated Summit Slack workspace. There is a nominal cost for attending in-person, but there is no cost for attending virtually.
- Two Tracks: On day one of the Summit, we will host two speaker tracks — one track for in-person speakers and a second track for virtual speakers. All attendees (both in-person and virtual) will be able to attend either track.
- Workshops: On day two of the Summit, we will also host two tracks — one track for in-person speakers and one track for hands-on workshops. In this case, virtual attendees will be able to watch the speakers, but the workshops are open for in-person attendees only.
- Networking: This event has been designed from the ground up to be as interactive as possible. We know that this community is all about learning from others. For those attending in-person, we have breakfast and lunch networking events, numerous breaks designed to foster interaction, interactive booths, an evening activity local in Austin, Texas, and hands-on workshops. Those attending virtually can interact and meet with others on the Summit Slack workspace.
- Evening Social: Austin, Texas has an amazing and vibrant city life. Imagine taking London, San Francisco, and Melbourne, combining those three cities together, and dropping it in the middle of Texas for that Texan flair. That is Austin. Stay tuned for some exciting announcements on the evening social.
- SANS Courses: To help you build and develop your career, we are hosting numerous SANS courses along with the Summit. These include: MGT433 Managing Human Risk, MGT521 Security Culture, SEC401 Security Essentials, SEC487 OSINT, SEC301 Introduction to Cybersecurity, MGT415 Risk Assessments, and SEC440 CIS Critical Controls (now retired - 230526).
Finally, a big thank you to our amazing Advisory Board. It is because of these leading experts that this event has become the standard for managing human risk. Hope you can join us!