We are opening this Summit to the community. Register now for FREE!
Free Summit: Oct 7-8 | Training: Oct 11-16 | Summit CPE Credits: 12
Co-Chairs: Mari DeGrazia, David J. Bianco, and Phil Hagen
Will You Be the Hunter or the Prey?
Chances are very high that hidden threats already exist inside your organization's networks. No matter how thorough and sophisticated your security precautions may be, you cannot assume your security measures are impenetrable. By themselves, prevention systems are insufficient to counter focused human adversaries who know how to get around today's advanced security and monitoring tools. It takes highly skilled and focused hunters to defeat these persistent adversaries.
Hear From the Experts -- Learn how to become an elite threat hunter.
The two-day virtual Summit brings together prominent security practitioners for in-depth talks focused on techniques that can be used to successfully identify, contain, and eliminate adversaries targeting your networks. As an attendee, you'll walk away from this Summit with new tools and methods to leverage as soon as you return to work.
The Summit will explore the following:
- The effectiveness of threat hunting in reducing the dwell time of adversaries
- Operationalizing threat hunting
- Automated threat hunting: Fact or fiction?
- Threat hunting tools, tactics, and techniques that can be used to improve the defense of your organization
- Case studies on the application of threat hunting to security operations
- Innovative threat hunting tactics and techniques
- New tools that can help threat hunting for both endpoints and networks
- Perspectives and case studies that challenge threat hunting assumptions and can result in a shift in understanding
Network with Your Peers and Make Invaluable Connections
In addition to two days of in-depth threat hunting and incident response discussions, you'll have the opportunity to network with fellow attendees via virtual chat rooms. Attendees tell us time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from SANS Summits is the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us.
CPEs & Certificate of Completion
- You will get 12 CPEs for attending the SANS Threat Hunting & Incident Response Summit [6 for each day you attend]
- Currently, we are not able to issue CPEs to those that view the Summit recordings
- A Certificate of Completion will be available in your account after the conclusion of the Threat Hunting & IR Summit & Training 2021 [October 16]
- SANS will automatically submit your CPEs to GIAC within 7-10 days after the event’s end date of October 16 - No action is required on your part
Expand your Expertise and Bundle your Summit Experience with a Course
After the two-day Summit, choose from several hands-on, immersion-style SANS Live Online courses to help you expand your information security expertise. SANS courses are taught by experienced practitioners who are among the best cybersecurity instructors in the world. They will provide you with the guidance and skills you need to defend your organization from ever-evolving threats.