In 2023 SANS Summits hosted 16 events, featuring 209 talks from top cybersecurity practitioners all over the world. And as many of you know, SANS is ALL about capturing feedback. Evals! Evals! Evals! At each Summit, attendees rate the quality of the speakers' content and presentation skills.
Here were the top 15 rated Summit talks in 2023:
Cyber Threat Intelligence Summit
Keynote | Deconstructing the Analyst Mindset
Chris Sanders, Founder, Applied Network Defense; Rural Technology Fund
Join us at the SANS CTI Summit & Training 2024 in January | Learn More
New2Cyber Summit: Reskilling Edition
Keynote | New2Cyber? Everything You Need to Know To Start Your Cybersecurity Career
Naomi Buckwalter, CISSP, CISM, Founder & Executive Director, Cybersecurity Gatebreakers Foundation
Join us at the New2Cyber Summit & Training 2024 in April | Learn More
Neurodiversity in Cybersecurity Summit
Keynote | Neurodivergent Associates are an Asset: A CISO’s Perspective on Retention and Inclusion
Jerich Beason, Chief Information Security Officer, WM
Join us at the Neurodiversity in Cybersecurity Summit 2024 in June | Learn More
ICS Security Summit
How to Perform Effective OT Cyber Security Risk Assessments
Paul Piotrowski, Instructor, SANS Institute
Join us at the ICS Security Summit & Training 2024 in June | Learn More
Cybersecurity Leadership Summit
Panel | How Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Change Cybersecurity Leadership
Frank Kim, Fellow, Fellow, SANS Institute; CISO-in-Residence, YL
Lee Kim, Industry Subject Matter Expert, Cybersecurity, Data
Protection, Privacy, and Artificial Intelligence
Caroline McCaffery, Host, The vCISO Chronicles
Sounil Yu, CISO & Head of Research, JupiterOne
Join us at SANS Cybersecurity Leadership Summit 2024 in May | Learn More
AI Cybersecurity Summit
Generative AI in Cybersecurity: Rise of the Machines?
David J. Bianco, Staff Security Strategist, SURGe by Splunk; SANS Certified Instructor
Blue Team Summit
Drop It Like It’s Qbot: Separating Malicious Droppers, Loaders, and Crypters from their Payloads for Better Initial Access Detection
Stef Rand, Intelligence Analyst, Red Canary
Lessons from the Frontlines: Ransomware attacks, New Techniques and Old Tricks
Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR) Summit
Windows Registry Forensics: There’s Always Something New
Shane McCulley, Senior Software Developer, Aon
Kimberly Stone, Director, Aon
Join us at the DFIR Summit & Training 2024 in August | Learn More
SANS Security Awareness: Managing Human Risk Summit
The Transparency Imperative: Harnessing Value from Security Incidents to Transform How We Manage Human Risk
Noelle Warburton, Senior Director, Strategic Communications and Enablement , Cisco Systems
Jeanne Hernandez, Keep Cisco Safe Program Leader, Cisco Systems
How ChatGPT Can Both Help and Hurt Cybersecurity and Awareness Programs
Kerry Tomlinson, Cybersecurity News Reporter, Ampere News
Join us at the SANS Security Awareness: Managing Human Risk Summit 2024 | Learn More
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Summit
Uncovering Law Enforcement Activities: Darknet Vendor OSINT Perspectives
Sam Bent, DoingFedTime, LLC
The Importance of Reproducable Methodologies in OSINT Investigations
Craig Pedersen, Director of Forensics, TCG Digital Forensics
Join us at SANS OSINT Summit 2024 in February | Learn More
Keynote | The Latest Cloud Security Megatrend: AI for Security
Phil Venables, Chief Information Security Officer, Google
Keynote | Security Research: Not Just for Nation States
Valentina Palmiotti, Vulnerability and Exploit Lead, IBM X-Force
Planning to join us at a SANS Summit in 2024? | Choose Your Experience
Many of our Summits in 2024 will be offered both In-Person and Live Online, two very different experiences. Find the format that works best for you:
Join us In-Person for an All-Access Summit Experience
- Technical Talks, Demos, and Panel Discussions – Presenters will share proven techniques, tools, and capabilities to help you expand your skillset and better inform your organization’s defenses. In-Person attendees get access to ALL Summit content.
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities - Network with leading experts and your peers, tackling the same hard-to-solve problems.
- Hands-on Workshops and CTF’s (Available at Select Summits) – Led by SANS instructors and course authors, these extended sessions will give you the chance to get practical experience within a specific focus area.
- Evening Social Events – Enjoy food and drinks in an exclusive environment you can’t find anywhere else.
- Solutions track and Sponsor Area (NA Only, Available at Select Summits) – Meet with cybersecurity solution and tool providers throughout the Summit and learn how to leverage their products within your environment.
- Attend in-person and earn CPE credits - Not only does your participation help you meet the criteria to renew your certifications, but you'll also be taking advantage of free learning opportunities that help you stay ahead of the curve and contribute to a safer community.
- Full access to approved Summit recordings and presentations
Attend a Summit Live Online for Free to Access:
- Select Talks & Content – Presenters will share proven techniques, tools, and capabilities to help you expand your skillset and better inform your organization’s defenses.
- Interactive Live Chat – Connect with fellow professionals in your field from around the world.
- Attend Live and Earn CPE Credits - Not only does your participation help you meet the criteria to renew your certifications, but you'll also be taking advantage of free learning opportunities that help you stay ahead of the curve and contribute to a safer community.
- Access to Approved Summit Recording and Presentations
Interested in speaking at a Summit in 2024? Learn more here.
We are looking forward to seeing you in 2024!