How to Use this Planning Toolkit
Simply leverage the resources most useful for you. The materials are listed in the order that people would most likely use them for building a new security awareness program. For more established or mature awareness programs, you most likely just want to select the specific resources you need.
- Sample Project Charter: Project Charters are the first step in planning any large-scale project or initiative. This includes the key elements of a Project Charter for a new Security Awareness Program.
- Sample Project Plan: A detailed example of what a complete Project Plan can look like for a comprehensive Security Awareness Program.
- Presentation: Slide deck to help you gain leadership's support for your Security Awareness Program.
- Metrics Matrix: This interactive matrix identifies and documents numerous ways to measure security behaviors, culture and strategic impact of your Security Awareness Program.
- Phishing Planning Guide: This strategic guide walks you through the key elements of planning a successful phishing program.
- Maturity Model: The Security Awareness Maturity Model is a key part of planning and communicating your awareness program. Both the model and a detailed breakdown of each stage is provided in your toolkit.
- Annual Program Schedule: These templates provide examples of how you can visually document your overall security awareness plan.
- SANS Security Awareness Report: This annual data-driven report enables you to benchmark your program against other organizations and prioritize your resources and initiatives.