How to Use this Planning Kit
The planning kit consists of the following materials. Do not feel compelled to use everything, instead simply leverage the resources most useful for you. The materials are listed in the order that people would most likely use them for building a new security awareness program. For more established or mature awareness programs you most likely just want to select the specific resources you need.
- Example Project Charter: Project Charters are the first step in planning any large-scale project or initiative. This covers the key elements of a Project Charter for a new Security Awareness Program.
- Example Project Plan: A detailed example of what a complete Project Plan can look like for a comprehensive Security Awareness Program.
- Presentation: Slide deck to help you gain leadership’s support for your security awareness program.
- Metrics Matrix: This interactive matrix identifies and documents numerous ways to measure security behaviors, culture and strategic impact of your security awareness program.
- Phishing Planning Guide: This strategic guide walks you through the key elements of planning a successful phishing program.
- Maturity Model: The Security Awareness Maturity Model is a key part of planning and communicating your awareness program. Both the model and a detailed breakdown of each stage is provided in your planning kit.
- Annual Program Schedule: These templates provide examples of how you can visually document your overall security awareness plan.
- SANS Security Awareness Report: This annual data driven report enables you to benchmark your program against other organizations and prioritize your resources and initiatives.
- Working from Home Deployment Kit: Everything you need to quickly plan and deploy a Work from Home security awareness training program. Includes a strategic planning guide, training videos and additional materials in over thirty languages.