Bethesda, MD, October 27, 2021 – The SANS Technology Institute (SANS.edu), the nation’s premiere college for cybersecurity, has announced the first three winners of the HBCU Scholarship Capture the Flag (CTF) Competition. This scholarship is awarded to outstanding candidates attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities who successfully participated and placed in the top of the HBCU Scholarship CTF competition.
The 2021 winners of the HBCU Scholarship CTF are:
- Akosua Wordie of New York, a current student at Howard University.
- Yasmeen Cox of Virginia, a current student at Norfolk State University.
- Kylah Williams of Alabama, a current student at Alabama A&M University.
All three women will be given the opportunity to gain industry-leading training and certifications through SANS Technology Institute’s undergraduate certificate program in Applied Cybersecurity.
“The cybersecurity industry definitely needs more diversity to thwart growing threats,” said Ed Skoudis, president of the SANS Technology Institute. “We are committed to supporting that effort, and it’s notable that all three scholarship winners are female. The future is bright for these talented young women, and I’m looking forward to seeing them accomplish great things.”
About the HBCU Scholarship CTF
The SANS.edu HBCU Scholarship CTF was established to expose individuals from Historically Black Colleges and Universities to cybersecurity in a fun and interactive way, while providing outstanding students the opportunity to receive world-class training and globally recognized certifications by way of a full scholarship to the SANS Technology Institute (SANS.edu.) SANS.edu is committed to investing in the future of current students and alumni of Historically Black Colleges and Universities through initiatives like the HBCU Scholarship CTF.
About the SANS Technology Institute
The SANS Technology Institute (SANS.edu), America’s premier college for cybersecurity, offers career-focused undergraduate and graduate programs distinguished by:
- A world-class faculty of highly skilled information security practitioners
- Hands-on cybersecurity courses that are continually updated for real-world relevance
- Industry-recognized GIAC certifications earned in each of its programs
- Innovative online and in-person course delivery options, including 100% online options for all SANS.edu programs
- The proven success of its alumni
Cybersecurity is all the SANS Technology Institute teaches – and nobody does it better. Learn more at www.sans.edu.