Stephanie is a principal cybersecurity incident response consultant at Unit 42 by Palo Alto Networks. She leads large scale network intrusion response cases and is a service line manager for compromise assessments. Technically, Stephanie specializes in incident command, large enterprise threat hunting, and investigative workflow automations. In addition to incident response case work She is passionate about developing innovative and scalable technical solutions to drive investigative outcomes and challenge current norms. Stephanie has multiple publications and can be heard on podcasts such as the CyberWire Daily and Research Saturday.
Stephanie is an accomplished digital forensic analyst with experience as an investigative laboratory director in law enforcement. Stephanie joined the Unit 42 team in 2021 after six years with the Kauai, Hawaii, police department, where she was a criminal investigator and director of the crime scene and laboratory section, which she helped create and expand. In that position, she served as the program manager and technical lead, managing digital forensics criminal casework that included incident response and mobile device, computer, and network forensic analysis.
During that time, Stephanie also served on the U.S. Secret Service’s Hawaii-Pacific Cyber Fraud Task Force and as vice chair of the crime scene investigation and reconstruction subcommittee for National Institute of Science and Technology’s Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science. In that role, she coordinated and consulted with 50 cross-functional subject matter experts to create and review national standards. She has also been active in the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors and the Hawaii Working Group to Study Forensic Laboratories.
She holds the following industry certifications:
● Master of Science, digital forensics, University of Central Florida
● Global Information Assurance Certification (“GIAC”) Certified Forensic Analyst
● Cellebrite Advanced Smart Phone Analyst
● Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst
● Cellebrite Certified Operator
● MSAB Certified XRY Mobile Forensic Examiner
● Certified Crime Scene Investigator, International Association for Identification (“IAI”)
● Certified Underwater Investigator, Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers