Apply for the Next Cyber Workforce Academy - Maryland
The SANS Cyber Workforce Academy - EARN - MD is comprised of one training pathway, designed to create new careers in the MD cybersecurity market, open to Maryland residents only. The academies provide job seekers with advanced technical training, industry-recognized GIAC certifications, and the in-demand, hands-on cybersecurity skills Maryland employers require.
For questions about the SANS Cyber Immersion Academies, applications, or processes please contact email@example.com.
Cybersecurity Reskilling Pathway
This cybersecurity training pathway is designed specifically for individuals not currently working in the cybersecurity field, and are interested in launching a cybersecurity career. Focused on cybersecurity aptitude, rather than prior experience and knowledge, applicants can be confident in knowing this program will help to construct a robust cybersecurity foundation to grow a new career.
You will complete two core training courses and your choice of one elective course.
Core training modules:
Choice of one elective option:
How the Program Works
Interested candidates will follow the application process below, candidates must earn an invitation to progress to each stage of the process. Not all applicants will receive invitations to progress to the next stage.
- Complete a web application form.
- The application will be reviewed and an online assessment sent within three days.
- Complete the online assessment within five days. (unless otherwise specified)
- Assessment results are reviewed once a week.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application.
- Complete an interview questionnaire.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or denial, the notification timeframe is dependent on the volume of applications.
You are NOT eligible for either program if you:
- Do not live in or have proof of permanent residency in the state of Maryland
- Have been employed in a direct information security role for 3 or more years outside of your military service
- Are currently pursuing or hold a master's degree or Ph.D. in information security
Time Commitment for Students
The Academy is a fast-track, intensive program, and students are expected to complete all coursework and certifications in up to six months. On average, it takes most SANS Cyber Academy students 100 hours to prepare for one GIAC certification attempt.