This January, cyber threat intelligence (CTI) practitioners from around the world will gather in Arlington, Va., for the SANS DFIR Cyber Threat Intelligence Summit & Training. One of only a handful of events devoted to cyber threat intelligence and analysis, the SANS CTI Summit brings together leading experts and analysts for in-depth threat intelligence talks, world-class SANS training, a DFIR NetWars competition, and exclusive networking events – all directed at seasoned practitioners and CTI newcomers.
Check out the CTI Summit 2018 talks
Activities kick off with a two-day summit, January 20-21, which includes a bonus workshop featuring interactive talks with summit co-chairs Rebekah Brown, Rick Holland, and Katie Nickels from 5:00-7:00 p.m. on January 19. Following the two-day summit, attendees can choose from eight immersive, hands-on SANS courses covering security and incident response and forensics topics, starting January 22, and test their skills and score Challenge Coins by battling the best in the industry in the SANS DFIR NetWars - Coin Slayer Tournament.
Now in its 8th year, the CTI Summit delivers specific analytical techniques and capabilities to properly create and maintain threat intelligence within your organization. As with other SANS events, expert presenters share case studies and expert firsthand experience as part of their sessions, and attendees can put their CTI analysis skills to the test with a workshop at the end of day one.
At the two-day SANS CTI Summit, attendees learn:
- New methods and tools to support or enable CTI
- How malware analysis and automation fit into the CTI process
- Data collection techniques for CTI success
- How to leverage and execute impactful threat intelligence missions
- Best practices for writing and presenting effective threat intelligence reports
- How traditional intelligence approaches are applied to CTI analysis and production
- Unique perspectives and case studies that challenge CTI assumptions
Throughout the event, opportunities to network with peers abound at breaks and scheduled social events. “Attendees tell us time and again that one of the greatest takeaways from SANS Summits are the many industry connections they forge or deepen during their time with us,” said Rick Holland
Following the CTI Summit, attendees have the chance to get the defense skills to keep ever-evolving threats to their organization at bay. Choose from eight hands-on, immersive courses taught by experienced practitioners who are among the best cybersecurity instructors in the world:
- SEC487: Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis
- SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling
- FOR498: Battlefield Forensics & Data Acquisition
- FOR508: Advanced Incident Response, Threat Hunting, and Digital Forensics
- FOR526: Advanced Memory Forensics & Threat Detection
- FOR572: Advanced Network Forensics: Threat Hunting, Analysis, and Incident Response
- FOR578: Cyber Threat Intelligence
- FOR610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
Summit attendees are invited to wrap up the week by putting their skills to the ultimate test and the chance to take home a fortune of DFIR Challenge Coinage. Always a crowd favorite, the SANS DFIR NetWars - Coin Slayer Tournament will be on January 25-26 from 6:30-9:30 each evening. Developed by top incident responders and forensic analysts in the field, this incident simulator is packed with challenges for individual or team-based firefights. The tournament allows each player to progress through multiple skill levels of increasing difficulty, learning first-hand how to solve key challenges they might experience during a serious incident.
To win the new course coins, participants must answer all questions correctly from all four levels of one or more of the eight DFIR domains: Windows Forensics, Advanced Incident Response and Threat Hunting, Smartphone Analysis, Mac Forensics, Memory Forensics, Advanced Network Forensics, Malware Analysis, and DFIR NetWars. Participants who score in the top five of individual players, or first among the teams, earn a DFIR NetWars Coin. NetWars Coin Slayer Tournament registration is free with the purchase of a 4-6 day Summit course.
Register today for the best in industry intelligence, in-depth training, peer networking, and the toughest competition around. Save $400 when registering for both the Summit and a SANS course, or register by December 18 to save $200 on your Summit registration or $150 off a course registration by entering the code “EarlyBird20.” (Offers cannot be combined.)