To best protect your organization, you need to understand what kind of information is publicly available. It’s important to know the tools, skills, and techniques available to scour the massive amounts of information found on the Internet.
Here are some free OSINT resources to help in any investigation, pen test or to just see if your organization is exposed:
- SANS@MIC Talks/Webcasts
- Operations Security (OPSEC) tradecraft tips for OSINT Research
- Finding Answers Faster Using OSINT and DFIR Skills
- SANS@MIC Talk - Moving Past Just Googling It: Harvesting and Using OSINT
- SANS@MIC Talk - Using the OSINT Mind-State for Better Online Investigations
- Leveraging OSINT for Better DFIR Investigations
- Collecting OSINT: Grabbing Your Data Now to Use Later
- Leveraging Telegram for OSINT purposes
- OSINT Video Series
- 10 Minute Tips YouTube Videos
- SANS Summit Talks
And finally, if you're ready to really become an expert on the topic, check out SEC487: Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis or SEC587: Advanced Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis.
Test drive the courses by viewing the course demos:
- SEC487 Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis
- SEC587 Advanced Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering and Analysis
Visit SANS.org/free to see all the free content available to the community.