Apply for the Next Cyber Workforce Academy - Maryland
The SANS Cyber Workforce Academy - Maryland is a four-month accelerated cybersecurity training program open only to Maryland residents and provides jobseekers with advanced technical training, industry-recognized GIAC certifications and hands-on cyber defense and incident handling skills sought by Maryland employers.
- Ongoing admissions — candidates considered for various cohorts based on when they apply
- New cohorts launch every 45-90 days
How the Program Works
Interested candidates will follow the application process below:
- Candidate completes a web application form
- The application will be reviewed and an assessment test sent within three days.
- Candidates must complete the assessment test within five days, unless otherwise specified
- Test results are reviewed once a week and candidates will receive an invitation to submit supporting documents including a resume and formal transcripts to complete their application
- Qualified candidates will be invited to a phone interview
- All candidates will be informed of their application status within four weeks of the application deadline
Cyber Workforce Academy participants will complete three training modules:
- Cyber Foundations Module: Cyber Aces Online
- Cyber Defense Essentials Module: SEC401: Security Essentials Boot Camp Style and GSEC Certification
- Incident Handling Module: SEC504: Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling and GCIH Certification
The Cyber Workforce Academy - Maryland is only open to Maryland residents not currently employed in a cybersecurity or IT related field or transitioning military personnel that are currently stationed in or are permanent residents of Maryland with valid proof of residency. Priority may be given to applicants not currently working in IT.
Please apply if you are:
- Passionate about Information Security and looking to find employment in the field
- A member of the BIPOC community, identify as a woman, or veteran/milspouse*
*(Veterans must be within 6 months of ETS/EAS or not more than 10 years since ETS/EAS)
- Not currently working in and have not worked in an Information Security Role outside of your military service
- Recent or upcoming graduates of an A.S. and B.S. programs in computer science or related field encouraged to apply
- MUST BE Legal Maryland Resident, and U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
You are NOT eligible for this program if you:
- Do not live in or have proof of permanent residency in the state of Maryland
- Are currently employed in an information security or technology position outside of the military
- Have prior work experience in information security outside of the military
- Are currently pursuing or hold a master's degree or PhD in information security
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of Maryland
Time Commitment for Students
The Academy is a fast-track, intensive program and students are expected to complete all coursework and certifications in three to four months. On average, it takes most SANS students 80 hours to prepare for one GIAC certification attempt.
Craina Consulting Corp.