David brings that passion and curiosity to his role as instructor for SANS FOR572: Advanced Network Forensics: Threat Hunting, Analysis, and Incident Response, "SANS strives to provide the best quality every time; something that aligns with my personal values." He also likes the fact that SANS is a very active member and supporter of the information security community.
Today, David is managing partner and CTO at Alzette Information Security, a consulting company based in Luxembourg. He has more than eight years of professional experience in penetration testing, red teaming, vulnerability assessment, vulnerability management, security monitoring, security architecture design, incident response, digital forensics and software development.
In his instructor role at SANS, David loves to teach concepts of analysis, detection, and response as these are the skills needed by modern-day defenders who face determined attackers. David also focuses on practical application, even when teaching the theoretical background of a material, he makes sure to bring in real-life examples and case studies. He also puts extra emphasis on hands-on skills development and demos during class, because "as defenders of an organization," says David, "students need to 'train as they fight.'"
- Managing partner and CTO of Alzette Information Security, a consulting company based in Luxembourg
- Member of the organizing team for BSides Luxembourg, a conference fully dedicated to defense topics
- Instructor for SANS FOR572: Advanced Network Forensics: Threat Hunting, Analysis, and Incident Response
- Certifications: GSEC, GCED, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, GNFA, GYPC, GMOB, OSCP, OSWP, CEH
Get to Know David Szili
- Presentations and Events: Hack.lu, BruCON, Hacktivity, x33fcon, Nuit du Hack, BSides Munich, BSidesBUD, BSides Ljubljana, BSides Luxembourg (part of the organizing team)