The foundation to a secure organization is a strong security culture. And the foundation of a strong security culture begins with people feeling safe and included. From John Kotter to Simon Sinek, extensive research has shown that people cannot thrive when they are in survival mode.
At the 2024 Security Awareness Summit, we heard from a panel of people leading efforts to move our industry toward greater inclusion:
- Monisha Bush, Mission Programs and Partnerships Coordinator, US, SANS Institute
- Lynn Dohm, Executive Director, Women in CyberSecurity (WiCyS)
- Justin Price, Director, Partnerships & Special Initiatives, National Cybersecurity Alliance
- Jennifer Santiago, Director, Summit Strategy & Mission, SANS Institute
- Kacy Zurkus, Content Strategist, RSA Conference.
Our panelists were able to share insights, guidance and provided resources for making everyone feel like they are a valued member of a collective mission to secure the business, its assets, and its people.
Here are links and resources mentioned during the panel, and some bonus information:
- What a Trusting Team Feels Like | Simon Sinek A New Approach for Creating a Psychologically Safe Workplace | Calm (free webcast; requires registration)
- Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe | Simon Sinek
- WiCyS Inclusive Resources – including Guide to Creating a Neuro-Inclusive Event
If you'd like to check out our other upcoming Summits, you can view the latest listing here.