• An active Azure subscription (https://portal.azure.com)
• An Azure account with Global Administrator permissions
Prior to the workshop:
1. Download the Building Azure Security Labs using Terraform virtual machine. Double-click on the OVA file to import the VM with VMware. Boot the VM after import, then login with the username sec588 and the password slingshot.
2. Launch Firefox browser and navigate to home (it should auto-launch).
3. Follow the lab 0 instructions to ensure that you have an Azure account and active subscription.
4. The Workshop instructions are also available at https://lab.purplecloud.network with the following credentials sec588:sec588
Please note – we will not be able to troubleshoot or support local VM issues or Azure account subscription issues. It is highly encouraged that you download and verify login to the VM before the workshop and that you follow all steps in lab 0 for Azure account and subscription setup.
• VMware to launch a customized Slingshot Linux distribution (VMware Workstation Pro, VMware Workstation Player, or VMware Fusion for macOS; trial versions of all three are available, and VMware Workstation Player is available for free for non-commercial use.
• 30 GB free hard drive space
• At least 8 GB RAM