Free Upcoming Live Online Workshops
In these workshops you will:
- Learn Hands-on Skills that you can use immediately
- Go In-Depth into the latest technology
- Interact with other attendees
- Get access to SANS top Instructors
- Experience the SANS Live Online platform
The upcoming workshops are listed out below and will feature the live
stream instruction, subject matter expert support, immersive hands on
labs and student to student interactive Slack channel benefits that you
would get in a Live Online environment. We recommend bookmarking this
page and checking back frequently, as we'll be adding more in the days
and weeks to come.
Due to the nature of these workshops, many have a capacity limit and will not be made available for archive. To help us offer this opportunity to as many people as possible, we are asking that you please only register if you plan to attend live.
Building Out a Hands-On Purple Team Stack
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021 at 10:00am - 12:00pm EST (15:00 UTC)
Duration: 2 Hours
Erik Van Buggenhout
We will start the workshop by laying the foundations that are required to perform successful adversary emulation and purple teaming. We will explain core concepts and tooling required to start doing purple teaming. In true purple team fashion, this includes both tools aimed at blue and red teaming;
- Elastic and SIGMA for detection and visibility
- Covenant as a C2 tool
- Caldera as an automated adversary emulation tool
- VECTR as a purple team tracking tool
the introduction is done, we will “get our hands dirty” and spin up an
environment to run through some practical exercises using the above
Familiarity with Linux and Windows is mandatory.
Prior to the workshop participants should prepare the following –
- Download and install the workshop VM: https://sansurl.com/purple-team-stack-workshop-vm
- Installed 64-bit host operating systems (Windows is recommended)
- Download and install VM Workstation Pro 15.5 or higher, VMware Fusion 11.5 or higher, or VMware Workstation Player 15.5 or higher versions on your system prior to the start of the workshop
- Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader application
- IMPORTANT! An AWS account is required to do hands-on exercises during the workshop. The AWS account must be created prior to the workshop.
- A credit card should be linked to the AWS account that was created. Estimated usage costs for the AWS account during the workshop are a maximum of $10.
- For detailed instructions on these preparation steps, please refer to the following URL: https://sansurl.com/purple-team-stack-workshop-readme