The Application Process
Interested candidates should follow the application process below.
- Complete a web application form.
- Your application will be reviewed, and an online assessment sent within three days.
- Complete the online assessment within five days. (unless otherwise specified)
- Submit supporting documents to complete your application.
- Participate in a phone interview.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or denial, the notification timeframe is dependent on the volume of applications.
- The application process is a competitive process. You must be invited to each of the stages listed above.
For questions about the SANS Cyber Immersion Academies, applications, or process please contact email@example.com.
2023 Women's Immersion Academy Timeline
June 1 - Application Window Opens
June 30 – Application Window Closes
September 18 – Training Begins
May 5, 2024 – Program Completion
- Senior in college; preferably pursuing a degree in a Computer/IT-related field or technical STEM discipline.
- College graduate OR career changers currently not working in the information security field or with prior work experience from the information security field.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident (Green card holder) currently residing in the U.S.
- Graduates currently pursuing or having achieved a Master's or Ph.D. in information security are not eligible to apply.
- If you are currently working in the information security field, or with prior work experience from the information security field, including risk & compliance, auditing, security governance, security awareness, information security program/ project management, and similar, you are not eligible to apply.
Note: Transitioning military service members, active members of the reserves forces, US Coast Guard members, and military veterans less than 10 years out of the military service cannot apply. Applicants in these categories are encouraged to apply to the VetSuccess Immersion Academy instead.
The first course you take will be SEC275 Foundations & GFACT Certification
The second course you will take is SEC401 Security Essentials & GSEC Certification
The third and final course you will take is SEC504 Incident Handling & GCIH Certification