How The Program Works
Interested candidates will follow the application process below, candidates must earn an invitation to progress to each stage of the process.
- Complete a web application form.
- The application will be reviewed, and an online assessment sent within three days.
- Complete the online assessment within five days. (Unless otherwise specified)
- Assessment results are reviewed once a week.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application.
- Phone interview.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or denial, the notification timeframe is dependent on the volume of applications.
- The application process is a competitive process. You must be invited to each of the stages listed above.
2022 Academy Schedule
VetSuccess Academy Course Offering
- Students are expected to complete each of the following SANS OnDemand courses and pass its corresponding GIAC Certification in 8 weeks each.
- Students are expected to complete the entirety of the program in less than 6 months.
Optional Elective Courses – Choose One
- FOR500 Windows Forensic Analysis & GCFE Certification
- ISC410 ISC/SCADA Security Essentials & GISP Certification
- SEC501 Advanced Security Essentials & GCED Certification
- SEC503 Intrusion Detection & GCIA Certification
- SEC511 Continuous Monitoring and Sec. Ops. & GMON Certification
- SEC542 Web App Pen. Testing & GWAPT Certification
- SEC560 Network Pen. Testing & GPEN Certification
Time Commitment for Students
The VetSuccess Academy is a fast-track, intensive program, and students are expected to complete all coursework and certifications in up to six months. On average, it takes most SANS Cyber Academy students 100 hours to prepare for one GIAC certification attempt.