How The Program Works
Interested candidates will follow the application process below, candidates must earn an invitation to progress to each stage of the process.
- Complete a web application form.
- The application will be reviewed, and an online assessment sent within three days.
- Complete the online assessment within five days. (Unless otherwise specified)
- Assessment results are reviewed once a week.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application.
- Phone interview.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or denial, the notification timeframe is dependent on the volume of applications.
- The application process is a competitive process. You must be invited to each of the stages listed above.
2023 Academy Schedule
June 1 - Application Window Opens
June 30 – Application Window Closes
September 18 – Training Begins
May 5, 2024 – Program Completion
The first course you take will be SEC275 Foundations & GFACT Certification
The second course you will take is SEC401 Security Essentials & GSEC Certification
The third and final course you will take is SEC504 Incident Handling & GCIH Certification
Step by Step Information on the Application Process
Learn more about the application process and how the academy helps launch your new cybersecurity career in six months.
For questions about the SANS Cyber Immersion Academies, applications, or process please contact email@example.com.
Time Commitment for Students
The VetSuccess Academy is a fast-track, intensive program, and students are expected to complete all coursework and certifications in up to six months. On average, it takes most SANS Cyber Academy students 100 hours to prepare for one GIAC certification attempt.