The Application Process
- Complete a web application form.
- Your application will be reviewed, and an online assessment sent within three days.
- Complete the online assessment within five days. (unless otherwise specified)
- Submit supporting documents to complete your application.
- Complete an interview questionnaire.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or denial, the notification timeframe is dependent on the volume of applications.
- The application process is competitive. You must be invited to each of the stages listed above.
For questions about the SANS Cyber Academies, applications, or process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Women's Academy Timeline
- Senior in college; preferably pursuing a degree in a Computer/IT-related field or technical STEM discipline.
- College graduate OR career changers currently not working in the information security field or with prior work experience from the information security field.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident (Green card holder) currently residing in the U.S.
- Graduates currently pursuing or having achieved a Master's or Ph.D. in information security are not eligible to apply.
- If you are currently working in the information security field, or with prior work experience from the information security field, including risk & compliance, auditing, security governance, security awareness, information security program/ project management, and similar, you are not eligible to apply.
Note: Transitioning military service members, active members of the reserves forces, US Coast Guard members, and military veterans less than 10 years out of the military service cannot apply. Applicants in these categories are encouraged to apply to the VetSuccess Immersion Academy instead.