What is SANS OnDemand?
OnDemand is SANS Institute's most popular online learning modality featuring instruction by industry experts, slide presentations, hands-on lab exercises, printed course materials, quizzes, online progress evaluations and access to our knowledgable Subject Matter Experts (SME) for comprehensive mastery of the course objectives. The materials and course content are available 24/7 via an internet connection to fit your busy schedule.
What courses are available from SANS OnDemand?
More than 30 of SANS most popular courses are available via OnDemand and all are taught by SANS top instructors. For a complete list of OnDemand available courses, click here.
What does an OnDemand course look like?
Demos of many of our OnDemand Training courses can be viewed here by clicking on the links under the Free Demo column.
How do I sign up for a SANS OnDemand course?
You can register for your SANS OnDemand course here.
How do I access my SANS OnDemand course?
A SANS account is required to access your SANS OnDemand course. Log into your SANS account here. Click on the "SANS OnDemand" link below the My Online Training heading in your Account Dashboard.
How long will I have to complete my OnDemand course?
You will have four (4) months from the date your registration is activated to complete your OnDemand course.
Who should I contact if I am having trouble with registration?
Our Customer Support team is available to assist you Monday - Friday from 9am to 8pm EST. You can reach us by phone at (301) 654-SANS (7267) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OnDemand System Requirements
What are the System Requirements for SANS OnDemand online training?
The following Operating System and Web Browser combinations are supported by the OnDemand platform:
- Windows: Chrome, Firefox 4+, Internet Explorer 10+, Edge
- Mac OS X 10.8+: Chrome, Firefox 4+, Safari
- iPad iOS (5.0+): Mobile Safari 5.1+
- Android 4.4+: Chrome
A minimum screen resolution of 1366×768 is required. Tablets with a screen size of at least 7" are supported provided they meet the other system requirements. Phones are not supported devices.
What is the minimum network connection needed for an OnDemand course?
We recommend a 4 Mbps connection for best results.
Who can I contact for Technical Support?
Contact Customer Support at 301-654-SANS (7267) Monday-Friday from 9am to 8pm EST, or send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Detailed description of what you are experiencing
- Screenshot of your course interface if there is anything that may help us understand your issue
- Operating system name and version
- Browser name and version
- If on a tablet, the tablet's make and model
- Specifically where in the course you are experiencing the issue? (Include pertinent details: course, section, learning object, slide) For example: SEC401.1.2, Slide 13: OSI Protocol Stack
OnDemand Course Materials
What is included with my OnDemand course?
All OnDemand courses provide:
- Four months of online access to your course
- Custom quizzes and labs
- MP3 archives of course lectures
- All printed books and required materials
- Subject-matter expert support throughout your study
For more information, see the Additional Information/What You Will Receive section on each OnDemand course page, which can be found here.
Where do I find the mp3 files?
The mp3 files can be found in SANS Account Dashboard/My Online Training/Self Study on your SANS portal.
When will I receive my shipment of course materials for my OnDemand course?
Your course materials will be shipped to the mailing address specified at the time of registration and should be received within 3-5 business days depending on the shipping method that you choose during registration. Expedited shipping options are available.
Can I share my class materials?
No. User may not copy, reproduce, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, without the express written consent of the SANS Institute. Without limiting the foregoing, user may not reproduce, distribute, re-publish, display, modify, or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware for purposes of teaching any computer or electronic security courses to any third party without the express written consent of the SANS Institute.
Does SANS provide PDF copies of the course materials?
No. SANS does not provide PDF copies of our course material.
OnDemand Course Activities
If I have questions about the course materials during my course, who can I contact?
SANS Subject Matter Experts (SME) are available to answer any questions you may have regarding course content including your instructor lectures, course books, labs, and quizzes.
Contact Support using Ask A Question (a feature within the OnDemand platform) or via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 8pm EST
- 2 hour response time during business hours
- 24 response time outside of these hours
Contact Support using LiveChat for instant assistance from within the OnDemand platform
- Monday - Thursday, 7am - 10pm EST
- Wednesday and Friday, 9am - 5pm EST
What is the purpose of OnDemand Quizzes and how are they related to GIAC exams?
OnDemand quizzes reinforce what you learn in the SANS OnDemand course and quiz content is derived from the written course material. Note: OnDemand quizzes are not intended to be GIAC certification exam prep. GIAC Practice Tests should be used to help ensure you have a clear understanding of the content that will be covered on the GIAC exam. Please click here to review your GIAC practice test options.
Can I request an extension for my OnDemand Course if I am unable to complete it within my 4-month access period?
- OnDemand Course Only Yes. Your access can be extended beyond your original 4-month of access by purchasing an extension. You can purchase 30-day extensions to your course for $249. Due to periodic updates to our online training software, course access cannot be extended longer than one year from the original activation date. If you wish to extend your OnDemand course access, please call (301) 654-7267, Monday - Friday from 9am to 8pm EST, or email email@example.com. OnDemand Extensions will be available for up to 30 days after your expiration date. The option to extend your course will no longer be available after the 30-day grace period.
- OnDemand Course with GIAC Certification Attempt If you have purchased the GIAC Certification attempt with your course, you must purchase a 45 day GIAC extension. Click here for more information.
Where can I find more information about GIAC exams, policies, and extensions?
Please visit the GIAC FAQ here.
How can I track my SANS OnDemand course progress?
From the Course Progress tab in the OnDemand platform, you may view and print a progress report during course access.
What are the requirements to receive a Certificate of Completion for my OnDemand course?
To obtain a Certificate of Completion you must:
- View 80% of the slides.
- Pass 80% of the quizzes with a score of 80% or better.
How do I obtain a copy of my OnDemand Course Certificate of Completion?
You can access your OnDemand Course Certificate of Completion from within your course Progress tab in the OnDemand platform. You may also access your Certificate of Completion by logging into your SANS account and clicking on Account Details/My Orders on your Account Dashboard.
How do I submit OnDemand training as CPE credits for my CISSP certification?
You can submit your SANS CPE credits (number of CPE credits appears on your OnDemand Certificate of Completion) by logging in to the (ISC)2 website.