- NetWars Tournament runs over an intense two- to three-day period, at either a SANS training event or hosted facility, while NetWars Continuous is available across the Internet over a four month period.
- NetWars Continuous offers a completely separate set of challenges from NetWars Tournament. Although it is organized into the same five levels, there are more in-depth challenges in NetWars Continuous, given its four-month timespan.
- NetWars Continuous offers a unique Automated Hint System, so you can simply click on a button to receive a hint to help you move forward, without any penalty whatsoever. The Automated Hint System makes NetWars Continuous an ideal learning environment for hands-on infosec skills.
- With NetWars Tournament you have the ability to earn 6 CMU/CPE credits, while NetWars Continuous provides participants who reach Level Three 12 CMU/CPEs.
The environment includes five levels that progressively increase in difficulty. No matter your skill level, anyone can jump right in and begin answering questions at Level 1.
What is the difference between NetWars Continuous and NetWars Tournament? Are they the same challenges?
SANS SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
SANS SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
SANS SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
SANS SEC542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
SANS FOR408: Computer Forensics Investigations - Windows In-Depth
SANS FOR508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
NWC (accessed across the Internet over a four-month timeframe) is available to NetWars Tournament participants or as a bundle option for those who purchase any SANS long course for $999 (a $2499 value). A discount code will be sent to NetWars Tournament participants after the event that can be used to register for NWC at the discounted rate.
If NWC is being added to a registration as a bundle option with a long course it must be added within the following time frames consistent with the addition of other products:
- Conference and Simulcast- before the end of the event
- OnDemand and SelfStudy- within the first 30 days of access
- vLive, Community, and Mentor- by the last day of class
Please send an email to email@example.com to add the NWC bundle to an existing registration.
How do I log into the scoring server? When I enter my username and password it says they are incorrect.
Levels 1 and 2
This gives you a list of valid resolutions which can then be changed to using:
$ xrandr -s [width]x[height]
$ ssh -i [path_to_private_key] -p [sshd_listening_port] [lowercase_username]@netwars-ng.counterhackchallenges.com
$ ssh -i [path_to_private_key] -p [sshd_listening_port] [lowercase_username]@netwars-ngc.counterhackchallenges.com
Still have questions? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org