- NetWars Tournament runs over an intense two- to three-day period, at either a SANS training event or hosted facility, while NetWars Continuous is available across the Internet over a four month period.
- NetWars Continuous offers a completely separate set of challenges from NetWars Tournament. Although it is organized into the same five levels, there are more in-depth challenges in NetWars Continuous, given its four-month timespan.
- NetWars Continuous offers a unique Automated Hint System, so you can simply click on a button to receive a hint to help you move forward, without any penalty whatsoever. The Automated Hint System makes NetWars Continuous an ideal learning environment for hands-on infosec skills.
- With NetWars Tournament you have the ability to earn 6 CMU/CPE credits, while NetWars Continuous provides participants who reach Level Three 12 CMU/CPEs.
The environment includes five levels that progressively increase in difficulty. No matter your skill level, anyone can jump right in and begin answering questions at Level 1.
- If you purchase NetWars Continuous as a stand-alone product or as a bundle with an OnDemand course your subscription link will be active within 48 hours.
- If you purchase NetWars Continuous as a bundle option with a live or simulcast course your subscription link will be active 7 days after the last day of the event.
What is the difference between NetWars Continuous and NetWars Tournament? Are they the same challenges?
SANS SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
SANS SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
SANS SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
SANS SEC542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
SANS FOR408: Computer Forensics Investigations - Windows In-Depth
SANS FOR508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
NWC (accessed across the Internet over a four-month timeframe) is available to NetWars Tournament participants or as a bundle option for those who purchase any SANS long course for $1199 (a $2750 value). A discount code will be sent to NetWars Tournament participants after the event that can be used to register for NWC at the discounted rate.
If NWC is being added to a registration as a bundle option with a long course it must be added within the following time frames consistent with the addition of other products:
- Conference and Simulcast- before the end of the event
- OnDemand and SelfStudy- within the first 30 days of access
- vLive, Community, and Mentor- by the last day of class
Please send an email to email@example.com for information on adding NWC to a vLive or Mentor class or to add the NWC bundle to an existing registration.
How do I log into the scoring server? When I enter my username and password it says they are incorrect.
Levels 1 and 2
This gives you a list of valid resolutions which can then be changed to using:
$ xrandr -s [width]x[height]
$ ssh -i [path_to_private_key] -p [sshd_listening_port] [lowercase_username]@netwars-ng.counterhackchallenges.com
$ ssh -i [path_to_private_key] -p [sshd_listening_port] [lowercase_username]@netwars-ngc.counterhackchallenges.com
Still have questions? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org