Analyst Webcast: Not your Father's IPS: SANS Survey on Network Security Results
- Tuesday, October 29th, 2013 at 1:00 PM EDT (17:00:00 UTC)
- Rob VandenBrink, Senior Consulting Engineer at Metafore and Martha Aviles, HP
You can now attend the webcast using your mobile device!
Changing threats, business processes and technology call for a new look at network security and how it interacts with our intrusion prevention systems. But just what are the next-generation intrusion prevention systems we need to meet those threats, and what do your peers think should be in them?
Join us for this Webcast, in which we unveil the results of our network security survey, to learn:
- How you compare with your peers in management support for network security
- Where you stand in IPS deployment vs. your peers
- What features your peers would like to see in next generation IPS
- Which elements, such as firewalls, routers, switches and clients they would like to see as part of a next generation fabric-based IPS.
Register for this webcast and be among the first to receive access to a complimentary whitepaper on the same subject developed by Rob Vandenbrink.
Click here to view the associated whitepaper.
Rob VandenBrink is a consultant with Metafore in Canada, specializing in security, networking and virtualization. He holds several industry certifications, as well as a master's degree with the SANS Technology Institute. He is a co-author of SANS SEC579 - Virtualization and Private Cloud Security. Rob's current research projects include fiber channel security and antiforensics using FPGAs and GPUs. Rob is also an incident handler with the Internet Storm Center. Look for his posts at http://isc.sans.edu.
Martha Aviles has over 10 years of diverse marketing experience in technology start-ups and private and public corporations, focusing on network security and semiconductors. Martha has successfully led through 7 mergers and acquisitions, including managing several integrations and acquisition exits. Martha has experience in product marketing, public relations, messaging, positioning, analyst and investor relations, lead generation, brand management and crisis communications. Martha is a 2014 MBA candidate (University of Texas), and holds a BBA (Texas A&M University).