For seven years now I have been teaching the two day course MGT433: Building, Maintaining and Measuring a Mature Awareness Program. In that time this course has taught over 1,300 security awareness professionals from around the world. It is the most comprehensive class that covers all the steps to establishing a mature security awareness program, including using a proven framework used by hundreds of organizations. A key part of the class are five interactive labs that enable you to create your own customized security awareness plan you can implement the day you return to your organization. As part of the SANS promise, every SANS course goes through a complete review and update every year. MGT433 just finished its annual update, one of the most comprehensive updates yet. New content includes:
- Updated overview of the latest social engineering attack methods.
- More engagement techniques, including security awareness escape room, memes, fact sheets, card games and hacking demos.
- A new Long-term Sustainment and Culture section, to include an in-depth dive into building an ambassador program and gamification.
- Revamped metrics, to include a new section on Strategic Metrics and an entirely new hands-on, interactive lab.
- New and updated resources, to include the new Security Awareness Maturity Model indicators matrix, update Security Awareness Execution Plan and an interactive Metrics matrix.
If you are new to the world of security awareness or compliance, or it’s been more than three years since you last took the course, I highly recommend you consider taking this updated version. You can find all the latest dates and locations for the class on our events website, or if you prefer take the course online through SANS OnDemand