Folks, I'm super excited to announce the agenda for the Security Awareness Summit 3/4 Aug in San Francisco has been released. Designed for experienced security awareness officers who want to take their security awareness program to the next level, this year’s Summit will provide actionable lessons you can take back and apply right away within your organization. We have packed a huge amount of talks and new activities into the two day event, to include:
- Eight Main Talks: Learn from leading security practitioners how they are building mature security awareness programs, including speakers from Thomson-Reuters, PayPal, Bank of England, National Cyber Security Alliance, and Sony.
- Two SANS 360 Lightening Talk Events: In these fast paced one hour events, six presenters will get ten minutes, and only ten minutes, each to share one powerful awareness initiative, idea, or best practice. This format jams tons of information into a short period of time. Don’t blink!
- Video Wars: Volunteers will show up to a 3-minute video clip of a video they developed for their security awareness program. Presenters will then share lessons learned from their video, to include how it was developed, how it was deployed and the videos impact. Attendees will select the videos they think are the most effective and winners will be awarded the coveted SANS Securing The Human security awareness coin.
- Show-n-Tell: Back by popular demand, this simple session has proven to be a powerful way for attendees to generate new ideas for their own security awareness programs. Attendees bring and display materials (posters, giveaway items, games, etc.) they’ve developed for their security awareness programs, and share the process of producing the items and integrating them into an overall awareness program. Grab a cup of coffee and a cookie, browse the wares, take some snapshots, and get ready to take your awareness program to the next level.
- Group Case Study: Attendees will be broken up into teams of 8-10 people per table. Each team will review the situation of a real organization’s security awareness program and how the program can be improved. Teams will then present and discuss their recommendations to the rest of the summit attendees. The whole purpose is to see how others solve some of the most common challenges real organizations are facing.
- Networking, Networking, Networking: We know that the conversations among your peers and the connections forged during these events are just as valuable as the case studies presented by leading security awareness practitioners. As such we have numerous events to promote interaction to include nightly socials, round tables to encourage group discussions, numerous social breaks and other events.
In addition we will be offering several SANS courses at the summit, to include the two day SANS MGT433 course on how to build, maintain and measure a high-impact security awareness program. Reserve your spot at the Summit by 8 June and receive a $300 early bird discount.
For STH Customers: In addition we are adding a third day at no cost just for STH customers. On 05 Aug STH staff will present the different products and services we are currently developing and releasing soon, to include updates on the new Advanced Cybersecurity Learning Platform, Client Success Program and new content. Our goal is to enable STH customers to make the most of what we will be releasing in the near future. In addition, we will be hosting interactive sessions where customers provide feedback and suggestions on STH solutions and help prioritize our development and ultimately help build our long-term roadmap. If you would like to attend this third day, please RSVP by contacting Lance Spitzner email@example.com.