I am super excited to announce all systems go for the 3rd annual European Security Awareness Summit. The speakers have been confirmed, the venue booked and things are already pointing to the best summit yet. If you are involved in security awareness, compliance, governance or anything human security related this is THE event to network and learn from your peers and industry leaders. In just two days we pack in the following:
- Seven Main Talks: including talks from Chief Operations Officer of the Bank of England Joanna Place, Dr. Jessica Barker, Brian Honan, the UK's National Cyber Security Center and Lushin Premji of Thomson Reuters.
- Three Interactive Workshops: Three hands-on, interactive workshops; building a phishing program, building an ambassador program and building a security awareness escape room. What makes the escape room workshop so cool is you will actually participate and compete in one.
- Lighting Talks: In this one hour session, presenters will get ten minutes and only ten minutes each to share one powerful awareness initiative, idea, or best practice. This format jams tons of information into a short period of time. Don't blink!
- Gamification Session: Three speakers will share three different stories about gamifying awareness programs.
- Video Wars: Volunteers will show 3 minute clips of security awareness videos they've developed for their security awareness programs. Presenters will then share lessons learned, to include how the video was developed, how it was deployed, and the impact. Attendees will select the videos they think are the most effective, and winners will be awarded the coveted SANS Securing The Human security awareness coin.
- Show-n-Tell: Back by popular demand, this event is a creative and interactive way for attendees to generate new ideas for their own security awareness programs. Attendees bring and display materials (posters, stuffed animals, give away items, handouts, etc.) they've developed for their security awareness programs, and share how they created the materials and their impact. Grab a cup of coffee, browse the wares, take some snapshots, and get ready to take your awareness program to the next level.
- Networking Events: We host a variety of events for you to interact and learn with your peers to include a hosted lunch, after event activities and group table discussions.
What makes the Awareness Summit so valuable is not only the opportunity to network and learn from your peers, but the event focuses on action items you can take and apply right away to your organization. We do not focus on just theory but lessons learned from real security awareness leaders, to include what did and did not work for them. In addition, we are providing two optional SANS courses to further your training opportunities.
- MGT433: Build, Maintain and Measure a High-Impact Awareness program
- SEC567: Social Engineering for Penetration Testers
Register soon for the summit. We have a hard limit of 150 seats and this event will most likely sell out (the US summit sold out five weeks early this year). Have any questions about the event or having trouble getting management approval? Drop me an email at email@example.com, we are here to help you.