I am super excited to announce all systems go for the 4th annual Security Awareness Summit to be held 2/3 August in Nashville, TN. The speakers have been confirmed, the venue booked and the numbers already confirm this will be the largest summit ever. If you are involved in security awareness this is THE event to network and learn from your peers and industry leaders. In just two days we pack in the following:
- Seven Main Talks: including one from Adobe, Salesforce and Dropbox on Ambassador Programs.
- Two Lighting Talks Sessions: In each one hour session, presenters will get ten minutes – and only ten minutes – each to share one powerful awareness initiative, idea, or best practice. This format jams tons of information into a short period of time. Don’t blink!
- Escape Room: The security team from FedEx will share how they created and executed security awareness escape rooms in their organization. They will then challenge each table to its own escape room. For those of you who are unable to complete all the locks in time or want to just learn more about escape rooms, the FedEx team will host a follow-on event later this evening after the Summit.
- Video Wars: Volunteers will show 3 minute clips of security awareness videos they’ve developed for their security awareness programs. Presenters will then share lessons learned, to include how the video was developed, how it was deployed, and the impact. Attendees will select the videos they think are the most effective, and winners will be awarded the coveted SANS Securing The Human security awareness coin.
- Show-n-Tell: Back by popular demand, this event is a creative and interactive way for attendees to generate new ideas for their own security awareness programs. Attendees bring and display materials (posters, stuffed animals, give away items, handouts, etc.) they’ve developed for their security awareness programs, and share how they created the materials and their impact. Grab a cup of coffee, browse the wares, take some snapshots, and get ready to take your awareness program to the next level.
- Networking Events: We host a variety of events for you to interact and learn with your peers to include a hosted lunch, after event activities and group table discussions.
What makes the Awareness Summit so valuable is the event focus on action items you can take and apply right away to your organization. We do not focus on theory but lessons learned from actual security awareness leaders, to include what did and did not work for them. In addition, we are providing several amazing courses both before and after the summit to further your training opportunities, to include
- MGT433: Build, Maintain and Measure a High-Impact Awareness program
- SEC567: Social Engineering for Penetration Testers
Register soon for the summit. We have a hard limit of 200 seats and this event is selling out fast. Have any questions about the event or having trouble getting management approval? Drop me an email at email@example.com, we are here to help you.