Awareness professionals can now more effectively mature their security awareness program, no matter the level of their learners or organization. The dynamic and it offers a vast library of brand new content Styles, a refresh to currently existing Training Styles, and a full collection of supplemental support materials to enhance teaching opportunities, backed by the SANS expertise you trust. Learners can now engage with more styles. Awareness professionals have more options to deploy awareness training.
This all-new cyber security awareness training content for employees has been developed and backed by a unique trifecta of SANS leading cyber specialists, which include Cyber Security Subject Matter Experts, Learning Experience Design Experts, and Client Success and Program Customization Experts. Together, this team of experts employ the use of advanced learning techniques to keep learners engaged, which ultimately ushers learners toward a more mature, cyber-aware workplace all in a fostering environment.
“I’m extremely excited about the new Training Series because the variety we offer keeps the learners interested,” says
Our complete library of culturally relevant, globally sensitive awareness training content has been translated into over 33 languages, and can be hosted on nearly any platform, which helps organizations get the best out of their learners and training efforts. The content can suit any corporate culture by also featuring an organization’s specific branding. . “Each organization is different in the cyber security challenges they face and the kind of culture that exists within the workplace. Having different styles available gives those organizations a chance to select training that is better suited for their specific challenges and culture.”
Also included in the 2019 EndUser Training Series is a suite of supplemental support materials called Engagment Kits, which go beyond computer-based training to help amplify key messaging. These materials are offered in a variety of formats, such as audiocasts, micro videos, newsletters, and screensavers to help bolster security awareness training efforts and ensure training addressing relevant threats.
“At the absolute core, we wanted to make sure the training can personally connect with each learner,” Portzline explains.
This series boasts a key teaching psychology through 7 brand new distinct Training Styles. The training is effective and engaging as it helps to address relevant cyber threats, specific to each organization’s size and need:
- Traditional Animation – Straightforward training in a motion-graphic style.
- Host-Led Animation – A live action host, combined with motion graphics capture the learner’s attention with this visual style.
- Live Action – Real people acting in real security related scenarios offers a direct, human element to this style.
- Expert Introduction – Cybersecurity subject matter expert Lance Spitzner introduces each animated module, allowing the learner to further comprehend key concepts introduced.
- Situational Interactive – Situational interactive modules include full animated training modules plus interactive quiz situations presented at the end of each module. Learners are presented with a variety of a realistic scenarios, requiring them to select the correct action.
- Applied Interactive - Hands-on, interactive content that offer engaging challenges to test and apply learned security behaviors. The Applied Interactive help cement training concepts and drive home key points.
- Gamified Interactive: A challenging set of interactive games that engross players as they must defeat security threats. This Style involves a deeper understanding of security behaviors.
“Training doesn’t have to be intimidating. It shouldn’t be,” says Portzline. “At SANS, we work to make sure people understand that adopting more secure behaviors doesn’t require a degree in rocket science. All they need have is a healthy skepticism and be on the lookout for things that seem out of place and I think our content works to achieve this.”
Whether learners are just beginning to learn about security awareness, display a strong understanding of security awareness best practices, or a mixture of both, the variety of training content available ensures consumers have the best training available to protect their organization.
To learn more about the 2019 SANS Security Awareness EndUser Training or to schedule a complimentary demonstration of the series, click here