Vulnerability Management Summit Details
- Summit Date
- August 14-15, 2012
- Post Summit Classes
- August 16-17, 2012
- Summit Chairman
- Mark Fabro
- The Omni La Mansion del Rio
112 College Street
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Web: The Omni La Mansion del Rio
Advisory Council (Click here for full bios on council members)
- Mark Fabro, President & Chief Security Scientist, Lofty Perch, Inc.
- John Dickson, CISSP, Principal, Denim Group
- Michael R. Farnum, CISSP, Security Advocate, Accuvant, Inc.
- Alan Paller, Director of Research, SANS Institute
- Steve R. Smith, CISSP, CISM, Qualys
In the last several years, the field of vulnerability management has grown considerably, and the current scope of the domain now includes many traditionally disparate focus areas. Recent advancements in managed security services and new frameworks for the deployment of active countermeasures can make the task of building an effective vulnerability management strategy difficult. As cyber threats continue to increase in capability and quantity, asset owners are continuously challenged by trying to balance effective network operations and the increasing need to adjust their security countermeasures in real-time.
This Summit focuses on providing best practices and strategies to allow network administrators and asset owners to understand the best approaches to creating vulnerability management strategies, while ensuring their networks remain optimized for business operations. Subject matter experts and industry leaders will provide insights and information to help attendees maximize the effectiveness of any vulnerability management program while balancing business requirements. Leading experts from the cyber security and vulnerability management community will provide deep insight on areas including:
- Measuring performance of vulnerability management capabilities
- Outsourcing versus in-house frameworks
- Using current and emerging classification frameworks to prioritize countermeasures
- Using assessment and audit results to tune your management strategy
- The impact of human factors
- Unified threat intelligence: Is it useful and how much does it cost?
If you are interested in speaking at this Summit, please contact Jennifer Santiago, SANS Summit Content Manager, at email@example.com.