Card Fraud 101
- G. Mark Hardy
- Tuesday, January 26th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
Ever get a call from your bank saying your credit card was stolen, but it was still in your wallet? What's going on here? Card fraud costs $16 billion annually, and it's not getting better. Target, PF Changs, Michaels, Home Depot, who's next?
Find out how these big card heists are pulled off, why chip-and-pin won't solve the fraud problem, and how crooks compromised Apple Pay. See if your bank even bothers to use the security protections it could -- we'll have a mag stripe card reader so you can really see what's in your wallet.
Certified SANS Instructor G. Mark Hardy is the CEO and founder of CardKill Inc., a start-up that helps banks preemptively kill stolen cards BEFORE they are used in fraud.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
- Master's Degree Presentation: Presentations given by SANS Technology Institute's Master's Degree candidates.
Monday, January 25
Tuesday, January 26
|Continuous Ownage: Why you Need Continuous Monitoring||Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar||Tuesday, January 26th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Card Fraud 101||G. Mark Hardy||Tuesday, January 26th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
Wednesday, January 27
|DLP FAIL!!! Using Encoding, Steganography, and Covert Channels to Evade DLP and Other Critical Controls||Kevin Fiscus||Wednesday, January 27th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Using an Open Source Threat Model for Prioritized Defense||James Tarala||Wednesday, January 27th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
Thursday, January 28
Friday, January 29
|Configuration Management with Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)||Brian Quick - Master's Degree Candidate||Friday, January 29th, 7:15pm - 7:55pm||Master's Degree Presentation|