The Next Wave - Data Center Consolidation
- Paul A. Henry
- Thursday, January 17th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
Many of the physical server to virtual server projects have long been been completed. The next wave is to consolidate those early entries to improve data center density and performance. This presentation looks at Federal, State and commercial consolidation efforts. Of critical importance is that an organization's Wide-Area Network (WAN) is the foundation of their globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. The performance of the WAN is critical to everything organizations do. This engaging workshop, led by expert, Paul Henry, will begin here and branch out to help you navigate trends and challenges driving change in IT and discuss best practices that every organization can employ around:
- Data center consolidation
- Branch simplification
- Data centralization
- Cloud integration
- Planning and managing IT performance
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.