Welcome to Security Awareness Summit
- 7 courses
- 6 instructors
- 2 disciplines
Or Save 400 USD off any 4-6 day course or save up to 200 USD off the Summit. Enter code "EarlyBird17" & pay by June 14 (offers cannot be combined)
Security Awareness Summit 2017
- Chairman: Lance Spitzner
- CPE Credits: 16
Summit Dates: August 2-3, 2017 Training Course Dates: July 31-August 1 & August 4-9, 2017
The 4th annual SANS Security Awareness Summit is on and it's lining up to be bigger and better than ever. Every year, we strive to provide the very best forum for security awareness officers looking to take their program to the next level! Our promise is to provide actionable lessons you can take back and apply right away within your own organization, with a focus on your industry, employee base, and current maturity level. This two-day Summit includes expert awareness-focused talks, interactive discussions, networking events, and more! Here are a few of the sessions we have planned for this year's Summit:
- Video Wars: Watch the different training videos organizations have created and hear from them how they created the videos, what worked and did not work, and why.
- Show-n-Tell Booths: We have expanded the highly popular Show-n-Tell Booths to support more booths and a dedicated session for attendees to interact with all the different awareness materials organizations have developed. This is a great opportunity to learn how organizations made the materials, which ones were the most effective and why.
- Onsite Lunches: Stay for lunch and mix/mingle with other attendees.
- Group Case Studies: Work on case studies as a group, then compare your results with other teams. See and learn how others approach securing the human element.
- Evening Socials: Take a chance to unwind and socialize with your peers at organized social events every night.
Only by working together as a community will we be able to address the human challenge.
In addition, choose from one of six world-class SANS courses offered to help you expand your information security expertise. SANS instructors are experienced industry practitioners considered to be among the best cybersecurity instructors in the world. They will provide you and your community with the expert guidance and skills you need to stop cyber-attacks against your organizations.
Who should attend?
- Compliance Officers / Legal / Audit: Learn how to effectively ensure your organization is compliant with all standards and regulations that require any type of security awareness, training and education.
- Security Awareness / Culture Officers: This event was made specifically for you, need we say more?
- Chief Information Security Officers: Learn what is involved in securing your employees, how you can better support your security awareness program and how to gain support from senior leadership.
- Security Engineers / Architects: For those of you who live in the world of securing bits and bytes, take a moment to learn the other side of security, the human world. When approached correctly, organizations are turning their employees into their greatest security strength. Develop new skill sets, advance your career and learn how to take your security program to the next level.
- Education / Training: Learn how to take your expertise in the world of training and education and apply that to the world of information security.