Offensive Countermeasures, Active Defenses, and Internet Tough Guys
- John Strand
- Tuesday, February 9th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
In this presentation John Strand will demonstrate the Active Defense Harbinger Distribution, a DARPA funded, free Active Defense virtual machine. He will debunk many of the myths, outright lies, and subtle confusions surrounding taking active actions against attackers. From this presentation, you will not only know how to take action against attackers, you will learn how to do it legally.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
- Master's Degree Presentation: Presentations given by SANS Technology Institute's Master's Degree candidates.