SANS' IT Security Training is coming to San Francisco
SANS is bringing five IT security courses, two network and malware forensics courses, and two short, skills-based courses to the Bay Area for SANS San Francisco 2012, July 30-August 6. This includes some of the most advanced courses SANS offers such as Forensics 610 on Reverse-Engineering, Security 660 on Advanced Penetration Testing, and Security 710 on Advanced Exploit Writing! Enhance your skills by taking advantage of SANS security training loaded with practical tools and cutting-edge information.
San Francisco is a wonderful and diverse city offering excellent restaurants, great weather, and plenty of evening activities to give your brain a rest! Here is your opportunity to enjoy some Ghirardelli chocolate, sample some clam chowder in a bread bowl, and soak up the incomparable ambiance of Fisherman's Wharf and its great waterfront view. Make your travel plans to attend SANS San Francisco 2012, now!
You'll see why SANS is the most trusted source in computer security training, certification, and research. SANS training is well-known for being relevant and pragmatic. All SANS instructors are industry leaders who have proven they understand the challenges you face on a daily basis. Their real-world experience increases the practical value of the course material.
Here's what past SANS San Francisco attendees said about the value of SANS IT Security training:
This is valuable for anyone starting a career in information security. SANS 401 focuses on key fundamentals that relate to any job. - Omar Haq, The Boeing Company
This is probably the most valuable course I've taken to expand my knowledge and perspective in this field (SEC504). - Joe Compton, Apple
It is truly the most drinking from a fire hose of any SANS class I have taken so far, but I learned a ton and would recommend it highly. (SEC710) - Curt Shaffer, Foreground Security
Our host hotel, the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf has a special discounted SANS rate of $199 S/D, which will be honored based on space availability. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID; you will need to call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. These rates include high-speed Internet in your room and are only available through July 5, 2012. With all that there is to do at Fisherman's Wharf, you will have many enjoyable options to keep you busy when you are not in class!
From the hotel, you will have easy access to:
- Pier 39, with the Aquarium of the Bay (where you can "Walk with the Sharks") and a wide choice of wonderful eateries (Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, the Crab House at Pier 39, Fog Harbor Fish House, and the Sea Lion Cafe, to name just a few)
- Ghirardelli Square, where you'll find great shops and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate
- Across from Pier 45 and overlooking the fishing boat basin, you will find he Fishermen's and Seamen's Memorial Chapel
- Alcatraz Island, now part of the U.S. National Park Service and open for tours. Take a ferry ride from Pier 33 and visit The Rock.
- San Francisco Maritime Museum, where you can let your imagination travel to the 19th Century and visit the Balclutha, an 1886 square rigger, along with six other historic vessels
- Touring the "City by the Bay" by historic cable car - a "must do" when in San Francisco and the way to get to China Town, Union Square, and North Beach
- A short cab ride can take you to many of the San Francisco Districts including SOMA, Haight, Mission, Union Square, and many others
- For more ideas, see: http://www.fishermanswharf.org
Hands-on experience - there is no substitution for it! - Lucas Sweany, County of Monterey
Come see for yourself - register today for SANS San Francisco 2012.
SANS San Francisco Event Chair