Infosec Rock Star: How to be a More Effective Security Professional
- Ted Demopoulos
- Tuesday, August 12th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
Why are some of us much more effective than others? A very few of us are so effective, and well known, that we might even be called the rock stars of our industry. Now we personally may never be swamped by groupies, but we can learn the skills be more effective, well respected, and well paid.
Obviously it's not just about technology; in fact most of us are very good at the technology part. The myth of the geek with zero social skills is just that, a myth. However, the fact is that increasing our skills more on the social and business sides will make most of us more effective at what we do than learning how to read hex better while standing on our heads, becoming 'One with Metasploit' or understanding the latest hot technologies will.
Topics, with input from real Rock Stars of Infosec, include:
- Positioning: why they don't like us or security and what we can do about it.
- The Science of Influence: ruthless social engineering or effective professional skills?
- Getting things done: Brutal Time Management and The Art of Saying No without upsetting too many people.
- How to be a professional or at least appear to be one.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
Monday, August 11
Tuesday, August 12
|Weaponizing Cybercurrencies||G. Mark Hardy||Tuesday, August 12th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Infosec Rock Star: How to be a More Effective Security Professional||Ted Demopoulos||Tuesday, August 12th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
Wednesday, August 13
|The 13 Absolute Truths of Security||Keith Palmgren||Wednesday, August 13th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|How to Spy on your Employees with Memory Forensics||Jake Williams||Wednesday, August 13th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|