General Session - Welcome to SANS
- Mike Poor
- Monday, June 22nd, 8:15am - 8:45am
Join us for a 30-minute overview to help you get the most out of your SANS training experience. You will receive event information and learn about programs and resources offered by SANS. This brief session will answer many questions and get your training experience off to a great start. This session will be valuable to all attendees but is highly recommended for first time attendees.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
- Master's Degree Presentation: Presentations given by SANS Technology Institute's Master's Degree candidates.
Monday, June 22
Tuesday, June 23
|Instant Layered Security For Your Cloud Servers||Amir Rehman, Cloud Security Evangelist||Tuesday, June 23rd, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|SANS Technology Institute Lunch & Learn||Matthew Scott, Director, Institutional Effectiveness; School Certifying Official (SCO)||Tuesday, June 23rd, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|Jailbreak / Root Workshop for Mobile Devices||Chris Crowley||Tuesday, June 23rd, 5:30pm - 7:00pm||SANS@Night|
|Why Our Defenses Are Failing Us. One Click Is All It Takes...||Bryce Galbraith||Tuesday, June 23rd, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
Wednesday, June 24
|Prevent - Detect - Respond||Will Tipton, Security Engineer, Infogressive||Wednesday, June 24th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|The 13 Absolute Truths of Security||Keith Palmgren||Wednesday, June 24th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Security Dashboards - Metrics That Help You Manage Risk||Dean Sapp - Master's Degree Candidate||Wednesday, June 24th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||Master's Degree Presentation|
|Debunking the Complex Password Myth||Keith Palmgren||Wednesday, June 24th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|