The Effectiveness of Microsoft's EMET
- Stephen Sims
- Monday, May 18th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm
In this talk we will take a look at Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) and how it stops exploits from working. This free tool has a low adoption rate inside of companies, but has the ability to stop 0-day attacks from being successful. We will cover the effectiveness of the various controls, how they work, as well as techniques used to bypass the tool in targeted attacks.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
|General Session- Welcome to SANS||Ed Skoudis||Monday, May 18th, 8:15am - 8:45am||Special Events|
|The Effectiveness of Microsoft's EMET||Stephen Sims||Monday, May 18th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Why Our Defenses Are Failing Us. One Click Is All It Takes...||Bryce Galbraith||Monday, May 18th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Vendor Solutions Expo||—||Wednesday, May 20th, 12:00pm - 1:30pm||Vendor Event|
|Prevent - Detect - Respond||—||Wednesday, May 20th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|Continuous Ownage: Why you Need Continuous Monitoring||Seth Misenar||Wednesday, May 20th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Lockpicking 101||jgor & a13k||Wednesday, May 20th, 7:15pm - 9:15pm||Special Events|