Continuous Ownage: Why you Need Continuous Monitoring
- Seth Misenar
- Wednesday, May 20th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm
Repeat after me, "I will be breached." Most organizations realize this fact too late, usually after a third party informs them months after the initial compromise. Treating security monitoring as a quarterly auditing process means most compromises will go undetected for weeks or months. The attacks are continuous, and the monitoring must match.
This talk will help you face this problem and describe how to move your organization to a more defensible security architecture that enables continuous security monitoring. The talk will also give you a hint at the value you and your organization will gain from attending Seth Misenar and Eric Conrad's new course: Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
Monday, May 18
|General Session- Welcome to SANS||Ed Skoudis||Monday, May 18th, 8:15am - 8:45am||Special Events|
|The Effectiveness of Microsoft's EMET||Stephen Sims||Monday, May 18th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Why Our Defenses Are Failing Us. One Click Is All It Takes...||Bryce Galbraith||Monday, May 18th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
Wednesday, May 20
|Vendor Solutions Expo||—||Wednesday, May 20th, 12:00pm - 1:30pm||Vendor Event|
|Prevent - Detect - Respond||—||Wednesday, May 20th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|Continuous Ownage: Why you Need Continuous Monitoring||Seth Misenar||Wednesday, May 20th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Lockpicking 101||jgor & a13k||Wednesday, May 20th, 7:15pm - 9:15pm||Special Events|