APT: It is Not Time to Pray, It is Time to Act
- Dr. Eric Cole
- Monday, April 8th, 7:15pm - 9:15pm
Albert Einstein said "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." With the new advanced and emerging threat vectors that are breaking into networks with relative ease, a new approach to security is required. The myth that these attacks are so stealthy they cannot be stopped is just not true. There is no such thing as an unstoppable adversary. It is not time to pray, it is time to act.
In this engaging talk one of the experts on APT, Dr. Cole, will outline an action plan for building a defensible network that focuses on the key motto that "Prevention is Ideal but Detection is a Must". Better understand what the APT really is and what organizations can do to be better prepared. The threat is not going away, so the more organizations can realign their thinking with solutions that actually work, the safer the world will become.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
||Tuesday, April 9th, 10:30am - 10:50am
|Stop Spear-Phishing and Watering Hole Attacks - Put the User in a Bubble
||Nick Keller, Director of Sales, Mid-Atlantic
||Tuesday, April 9th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm
||Lunch and Learn
||Tuesday, April 9th, 3:00pm - 3:20pm
|Infosec Rock Star: How to be a More Effective Security Professional
||Tuesday, April 9th, 7:15pm - 8:45pm