10 Things Security Teams Need to Know about Cloud Security‚®
- Dave Shackleford
- Thursday, November 29th, 6:00pm - 6:45pm
More and more organizations are moving data, systems, and applications into cloud service provider (CSP) environments all the time. The reasons for this are many - cost, efficiency, improved operations, features, and many more. However, security teams are still trying to figure this whole "cloud" thing out. What are the biggest issues? How do we assess CSP environments? What are the most important questions to ask? What technologies are emerging to help us? These questions and more plague security teams every day.
In this presentation, Dave will discuss ten key points that all security teams should understand about cloud infrastructure and security. Attendees will walk away with:
- Ten concrete areas of cloud security focus, with takeaways from each.
- Ideas for how to improve cloud security assessment and audit programs
- Technologies that should be evaluated now and in the near future for solving cloud security challenges
- Examples of what other organizations are doing to address these challenges
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
|Why Do Organizations Get Compromised?||Eric Cole Ph.D.||Monday, November 26th, 7:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Security of National eID (smartcard-based) Web Applications||Raul Siles||Wednesday, November 28th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm||SANS@Night|
|Dissecting Smart Meters||Justin Searle||Wednesday, November 28th, 7:30pm - 8:30pm||SANS@Night|
|10 Things Security Teams Need to Know about Cloud Security‚®||Dave Shackleford||Thursday, November 29th, 6:00pm - 6:45pm||SANS@Night|
|Practical, Efficient Unix Auditing (With Scripts)||James Tarala||Thursday, November 29th, 6:45pm - 7:30pm||SANS@Night|
|Why Our Defenses Are Failing Us. One Click Is All It Takes...||Bryce Galbraith||Thursday, November 29th, 7:30pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|